VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys just a quickie, has anyone done or got any idea on the best way to ply line a solid tailgate?
The lower piece just clicks into place with clips the same as sides etc, but there are no holes or any place to be able to clip in on the top where the window normal is. The ply is cut and fits nicely inside but I don't want to just adhesive it to the panel as I have the soundproofing and insulation over it.
Anybody got any ideas or done something to countermeasure this?

Thanks in advance Matt

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've fitted carpeted panels to my barn doors held in place with self tappers with a rubber sleeve over them, they look ok and hold the panel in no problem, I've just fitted a glazed tailgate and i'll do the same with that panel.

·
HORACE
1,589 Posts
Hi guys just a quickie, has anyone done or got any idea on the best way to ply line a solid tailgate?
The lower piece just clicks into place with clips the same as sides etc, but there are no holes or any place to be able to clip in on the top where the window normal is. The ply is cut and fits nicely inside but I don't want to just adhesive it to the panel as I have the soundproofing and insulation over it.
Anybody got any ideas or done something to countermeasure this?

Thanks in advance Matt
Hi, the best way is the same as I did my rear top panels, I just screwed some battens to the inner lip, not the window lip the box section (top, bottom and sides) then screwed my panels to the battens after insulating, if you look at the pictures you can see the battens T:
Although its my side panels you will have the same nice flush fit for you back door.
kev

1 - 4 of 4 Posts