VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, this has probably been asked already, but I can't find it anywhere after LOTS of searching.

just wondering about the hidden bolts. Looks like I have to take off the oil pump - is this just three bolts?
Also looks like I may have to take a plate off the inner side of the gearbox. Will this give me access to all the bolts?

My T4 has a 1Z in it. The sump is weeping from the gasket, I think it may have been due to a kinked CCV pipe on the top, which I have since de-kinked, but i'm going to take the sump off, and clean it and put a new gasket in there for good measure - when I change the oil in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for any help.

Actually thanks for all the help, I usually find answers for what I want to know about my van on this forum without having to ask - hence lack of posts.

Cheers

·
Registered
819 Posts
Sump is held on with 22 or 24 10mm bolts obviously going upbank through the gasket. Pretty sure you can get to all off them apart from a few on my ABL/1Z 1 or 2 of them were hidder behind the PAS pump bracket which on mine is at the back of the sump, just drop bracket still attached to the pump out of the way, some are mounted under the alternator in which case you shouldnt have to touch it at all

1 - 4 of 4 Posts