VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just cleaned out sliding door,bottom guttering,load of **** ..runs quite smooth..but i want to scrap the little surface rust and dont know what paint or something else to use???

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
put a chinese fork in the drainage hole and fill gutter with waxoyl, once hardend, pull out fork and hey presto, will stop that nasty rust:)

l did this a couple of years ago, never seen any more rust, l also did the underside of van with remaining waxoyl, good luckH:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks got waxoil,but whats a chinese fork and where is the drain hole located??thanks

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
oops, chop stick

the drainage hole is at the rear of the gutter at the bottom, have a good prod around with the chop stick and you should find a hole with similar diamater, they often get blocked:ILU:

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
I thought mine was quite smooth too, until I checked the roller - it was knackered.
Got a new one from Tidy Transporters on here & now I have to use the stop spring at the end of the track. If I don't then it just self closes!!

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
I thought mine was quite smooth too, until I checked the roller - it was knackered.
Got a new one from Tidy Transporters on here & now I have to use the stop spring at the end of the track. If I don't then it just self closes!!
What the man said - my old and new

Old and rusty and not very round :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts