VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Caravelle GL 1995, but the sliding door is stuck. I can unlock it, but it seems like its jammed somehow. No matter how hard i pull it won't open. Only the outside handle works, the inside handle is stuck.

Im pretty sure the only way to fix it is by removing the door card, but i can't figure out how. I have removed the only two screws that were visible and the car door lock knob/pin. I have tried pulling and prying it open from the edges with no luck. I hope someone can help me go through the steps to remove the door card so i can open my door :)

·
Premium Member
2,589 Posts
You need to use a plastic tool to get it out. These are sold in ebay for a few pounds. I bought mine from the store for £2 for a set.

·
Premium Member
2,589 Posts
Use a flat screwdriver then. You might damage some of the plastic clips but these are cheap. You will need to buy one clip before you take out the card so you will know what you are doing. Start from the bottom and work your way up. There should be about 8-12 of them in the door. There are also 4 plastic blocks glued on to the inside of the door car and these might slip. I used a 2-comp epoxy glue from Plastic Padding to glue them back again.
After the clips are released, you just lift it up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts