VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imagine you are driving along - you see a T* (4 or 5) coming towards you.....

Do you wave? How do you decide? Easy if there's a bra fitted, or bonnet graphics..... but if its a plain one?

Do you waggle your hand and hope? Do you keep your hands firmly on the wheel?

I'm missing the Landy thing, where all defenders wave to each other.... :(

·
Registered
365 Posts
I had this exact thougt earlier where I inadvertently waved to a builders van. I just wave them all and hope I get a wave back. I'll probably never see them again so can't be embarrased :)

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Just wave wot's the worst that can happen i am in crawley always floating around redhill way as my brother lives in reigate my bus is plain white just been lowered so wave if its plain white might be me i will wave back T:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wave wot's the worst that can happen i am in crawley always floating around redhill way as my brother lives in reigate my bus is plain white just been lowered so wave if its plain white might be me i will wave back T:
team white too - currently with red poppy on the bonnet......

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
going to paint the bonnet black when it stops raining so will stand out a bit more where r u in redhill i grew up in Earlswood

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
It was easy, when I had Beetles in the eighties, there was no misunderstanding, a Beetle was a Beetle whether a life style choice or a reliable form of transport. It should be the same for T4's, as builders, plumbers, etc, have made the choice over other marks and that should be acknowledged,( incidentally mines a standard one and I love it as it is, just as I did my standard looking 120mph 1967 bug until a bleeping Landrover wrote it off:( )

·
Registered
687 Posts
Easy... Its all in the colour of the indicators

White / Smoked W:
Orange :no

Of course there are exceptions and the orange lens fans on here will debate that :mw

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
unfair mine r orange only because i haven't changed them yet :(

·
Registered
687 Posts
nowt wrong with orange bud

Its just that as a rule the majority of T4s with orange are builders but its not always the case T:

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts

White / Smoked W:

Of course there are exceptions and the orange lens fans on here will debate that :mw
DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!

There's more to people than the colour of their indie-cators! Jesus - less colourism please!.........................

.....................MODS! :D

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Poticical view, personal dig, Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant another personal dig Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant, forgot what original thread was about, turned into my own thread about y views Etc Etc Etc Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant Rant...............

Ooooops sorry thought this thread was another Yawn!!!! Dig at something another and was worried that it had not been hijacked and turned into a battle of wills. LOL:

I Wave to everyone, but then I'm just a nice Guy LOL:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I get regular and very enthusiastic :ILU: style waves from a certain T5 driver round my way, used to ignore him (always wave at T4s) but now I say just go with it, what's the worst that can happen. Besides the kids love it and wave wildly too and definitely keeps them occupied on long drives spotting T4s! I even got a wave for a T4 the other week after inadvertently waving from my wifes Toyota Verso..... What a friendly bunch we must be?!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I wave to anyone me, some wave back, and some look and think WTF, lol.

Steve W....

·
Banned
10,255 Posts

White / Smoked W:

Mint van orange indicators(made in Germany)= don't wave ?

Rusty old ex builders van+alloys+smoked/clear indicators(made in China)=wave ?

Style over substance me thinks..:*..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts