VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
looking round at campers i spotted this on the old ebay,
how do you value a t4 with mileage this low, and also the custom body work, conversion, awning etc etc
its difficult to know weather this is going to be within my price range or not, at the moment it seems a really good price?
one things for certain its got loads of miles left in it!!!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I am not so sure....it's just a modified van really. There are many camper conversions on here that look a lot better I:

For me, it is already over its value (at the £11,100 it is showing)....

·
Registered
679 Posts
It is nice, well turned out, but the price is steep, Not sure about the over sized awning tube thingy. And did it have a cooker hob (smev as such) fitted? I didnt see anything. :*

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
I am no sherlock but your username and the link to the photos are very similar :confused:
Well spotted, you would at least think he would have covered his tracks, why didn't the OP just say "I am selling my van on Ebay, what do you think"LOL:

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
A cynic would say this is an effort to advertise the van without having to pay subs... I'm not a cynic, obviously I:

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Well, U all have got a point reg "reveresed advertising"
I thing the initial poster should be directly asked to take a stand.
It seems he is not a first time poster, then again I have not been round enough to see all posts either
What about innocent `till proven guilty?
Besides, Mods should if so adress til seperately IMHO:)

Would the inital posyer like to answer to the claim of hidden advertising?

·
Registered
326 Posts
03-04-11, 20:54
dumptruckface
Van Pro

Re: weve had high milers.......now low milers!

just purchase myself a mint 52 plate 2.5 tdi with a genuine 29000 miles! im happy with that!

And when one does a sherlock one comes across this little ditty.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Hey, he's been busted or it's beyond coincidental to say the least. He's obviously just made the thread to draw attention to the sale. Or, what I perceive to be more likely, it's been re-enlisted on eBay a few times and he's trying to figure it why his Van which is worth loads in his eyes isn't selling for the price he thought it should?!

Worked well on what he's done so far that's no question but like previously stated, no cook/sink/fridge showing in any photos. He's priced it way too high to start with in my opinion. He could get that price if he's lucky and in the summer. If and only if- it had the missing pieces installed and all those yuppy rich folk find the advert and decide they want to go "glamping" round the south coast on the weekends. Haha.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Oh and was there ever a quicksilver edition made in the VW transporter?................. I've never heard of one. Someone please enlighten me.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
You could get a good multivan for kind of cash! I had a car from an elderly relative that was v low mileage - didn't mean it went on forever and ever - in fact it didn't. We killed it in 2 yrs. I'm not entirely sure why I felt the need to share this LOL:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
good detective work guys!!! and it didn't take as long as i thought for you to work it out either! (must have to much time on your hands!)
i think everyone is getting a little harsh about the van tho .......glamping!? its hardly that, its a 4/5 berth camper ideal for the modern day camping family, super low miles and in perfect condition what more could you ask for? a multi van that only sleeps 2 people?
I'm sure allot of the members would be more than happy to have this van on there drive.....in fact i know they would.
and its not being marketed as a genuine quicksilver edition its very clear that its been given this identity to make it more unique.

ps yes i have posted this thread as a cheeky attempt to get advertising ......and it worked!!! happy days!
FREEEEEEEEE ADVERTISING THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!!T:A:LOL:

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
at least you came back and coffed up.. but check your first post fella T:

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
good detective work guys!!! and it didn't take as long as i thought for you to work it out either! (must have to much time on your hands!)
i think everyone is getting a little harsh about the van tho .......glamping!? its hardly that, its a 4/5 berth camper ideal for the modern day camping family, super low miles and in perfect condition what more could you ask for? a multi van that only sleeps 2 people?
I'm sure allot of the members would be more than happy to have this van on there drive.....in fact i know they would.
and its not being marketed as a genuine quicksilver edition its very clear that its been given this identity to make it more unique.

ps yes i have posted this thread as a cheeky attempt to get advertising ......and it worked!!! happy days!
FREEEEEEEEE ADVERTISING THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!!T:A:LOL:
Its only a tenner, and you could have plastered it all over the site. Its about supporting the forum, lots of members spend their time replying to others troubles and questions....is it too much to ask??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts