VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Sounds like a stupid question I know, but I'm trying to work out how a rear seat fixes to a seat frame in my T4. I bought a frame that originally went over the wheel arch, but I've since cut off one of the two legs and welded it back further from the other leg. So it now looks like this:

And I've also bought a single rear seat, but can't work out how it would fix onto the frame. I assume it'd be some kind of U shaped bracket, but even looking at the various Elsawin diagrams, I can't work out what I need. Can anyone please send me a photo of the underside of one of their rear seats so I can see?

Cheers!

Danny

Here's the seat:

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply :)

It's sort of done by VW as I believe the frame is originally a VW frame (although can't be sure), all I've done is move one of the legs over a bit. And the seat is original VW.

I wonder if I'm missing a whole extra mechanism on the bottom of the seat:confused:

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Nick, sorry if I was being a bit oversensitive before :)

Yea it does look a bit like that link you sent, and certainly putting it on an Unwin rail is what I was hoping to do. I believe the frame originally went over the wheel arch, which is why it was offset, like this:
http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=225505

So my Dad and I shifted the leg over so it would be more like a regular frame. But the seat wasn't attached to the frame before so I can't even work out how it would've fixed to it originally :confused:

If necessary, it might be a case of welding the seat to the frame. After all, if I want to remove it, it will come away at the bottom from the Unwin rails. Job done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts