VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
loved reading through this, cant wait to start mine sometime when i have time, could be a while as the wife was due yesterday.

Great build and well done some great ideas and inspiration

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
Just made a cup of hot chocolate while the missus is at the pool.

Then BANG

Seems my sink lid for some reason has just exploded.

On the one hand a little annoyed, on the other hand was quite pleased when I realised it wasn’t my window.

But mostly concerned that I could no longer drink my hot chocolate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
how did that happen ?

Heat from the mug ?

My working theory is that the sink lid got rather warm from boiling the kettle and then getting rather cold water on it maybe caused it to contract faster on one side of the glass than the other to a point they they both disagreed and fell out.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
New lid sent out via supplier from Dometic under warranty. Happy with that!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
So...

Turns out me and wife have a new bundle of joy en route. Any good ideas for really small child sleeping areas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have just read through your entire post. I am blown away that you have taken the time to share your experiences along with the things you would have done different. I am currently looking for a base van now and like you I have no previous experience just a curse of perfection and a reasonable level of common sense.

I have 2 small kids and getting them involved the the vanlife dream is driving us on. I have sold the motorbikes and made a promise not to replace until I am retired.

Thank you again and I wonder if you had a job completion list detailing order of works and a list of parts and suppliers?

Thanks again.

Ivan

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
I have just read through your entire post. I am blown away that you have taken the time to share your experiences along with the things you would have done different. I am currently looking for a base van now and like you I have no previous experience just a curse of perfection and a reasonable level of common sense.

I have 2 small kids and getting them involved the the vanlife dream is driving us on. I have sold the motorbikes and made a promise not to replace until I am retired.

Thank you again and I wonder if you had a job completion list detailing order of works and a list of parts and suppliers?

Thanks again.

Ivan

Glad you can find some benefit from my various ramblings of the past year!

I have no list detailing order of works other than I can say I worked my backside off for about three months straight LOL:

best I can give you is the list i made for insurance purposes which is by no means 100% complete as items i had in the shed already aren't listed (i removed everything but the supplier and item notes):

No code has to be inserted here.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
Did this work?

Any chance of a wiring diagram?
Yes it did and still does. Will put together a diagram.

There is only one known issue with the setup. if one of the original interior lights (above rear view mirror or rear ceiling light) is left in the on position instead of auto or off, then when the van is locked, suddenly all the lighting wired to come on with a door opening comes on.

not sure why this is yet. there is a relay that clicks somewhere under the steering wheel when the locks are armed that obviously opens up an earth to the lighting circuit which then draws power from the leisure battery and activates the lights.

To be honest its such a small issue i've never taken the time to try to troubleshoot.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
Did this work?

Any chance of a wiring diagram?
I'm not a circuit drawing veteran so this might not be correctly drawn up to standards but the circuit looks pretty much like this:

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/1EQHoXI"><a href="//imgur.com/a/1EQHoXI"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" cht="utf-8"></script>

181 - 200 of 241 Posts