VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

201 - 220 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
So scratch that last diagram. realised i drew part of it incorrectly. This i believe is the correct representation of the circuit i built:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Just realised after a flick through of the thread that i never let you know how i fixed my seat base rear covers. Possibly because i didn't know how effective they would be. But if anyone is interested I used 5x 20x3mm Neodymium N35 magnets with a hole and a 5mm countersink. These have enough strength to hold the panels in place and in a few thousand miles of driving they have never come off or moved out of position.

The other good thing about them being magnets is they are easy to line up the base cover as with a little bit of force you can reposition them quite easily!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
Serviced the van tonight. MANN oil, fuel, cabin and air filters and petronas oil. Decided to ditch the extended service intervals by Volkswagen and do it myself annually with a full filter and oil service as a minimum. Not really into waiting 2 years for fresh oil.

Re-coded the instrument controller in VCDS to reflect the updated servicing regime (after about 15 minutes of hunting for the correct place to do it). Also found out that the instrument cluster can do a needle sweep at ignition on which is pretty trick so activated that too!.

Van is a fair bit quieter now. Maybe previous oil was or just old (or low!) but it’s definitely made a difference to the engine note.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,438 Posts
What an epic build thread, amazing work and attention to detail. Certainly inspiring to say the least T:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
What an epic build thread, amazing work and attention to detail. Certainly inspiring to say the least T:
Thanks! A labour of love. Still got things I want to do externally but, you know, gotta earn some more money first. Probably next summer now. The first born has put a dent in the disposable income this summer.

·
Premium Member
2,438 Posts
Thanks! A labour of love. Still got things I want to do externally but, you know, gotta earn some more money first. Probably next summer now. The first born has put a dent in the disposable income this summer.
Yeah can see that, given me some ideas to tidy up the rear a little, as mine is 75% lined but can still see some white bodywork, makes a huge difference once this is all covered up, so ordering some more fabric and adhesive T:

The beauty of these vehicles is once you've actually bought it, you can take as long as you like to build them up, it's a cool journey.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
Yeah can see that, given me some ideas to tidy up the rear a little, as mine is 75% lined but can still see some white bodywork, makes a huge difference once this is all covered up, so ordering some more fabric and adhesive T:

The beauty of these vehicles is once you've actually bought it, you can take as long as you like to build them up, it's a cool journey.
Yeah they look loads better fully covered. Also in my mind would reduce condensation on exposed metalwork in winter. Rear doors are pretty easy. Sliders took me a day each. Quite fiddly.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #210

Assuming you're talking about the doors that is :)

·
Premium Member
2,438 Posts
All 3 doors have exposed white bodywork that will be covered, along with a new flooring. I've got the whole weekend to spend working on the van, the beauty being even it rains I can still work away inside. :D

Order fabric samples to make sure I match what's already in the back, should be delivered tomorrow then I can order a roll. T:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
Going camping for a single night this weekend to support a mate doing a 12 hour MTB race. So currently doing crucial pre-flight checks such as getting round to updating the 2 year old and occasionally buggy firmware on my head-unit.

Not that interesting, but y’know, van thread innit.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
Been driving around past few weeks thinking my A/C fan was Getty pretty pathetic on setting 2 and having to turn it up to setting 3, realise that was a bit intense then turn it back down to 2

Only a couple of days ago did I realise with the engine off that the fan wasn’t working at all on settings 1 and 2. But 3 and 4 worked fine. Assumed it would be a resister pack fault although my experiences with these faults have always been works on max but nothing else. So working on the two higher settings but not the two lowest was a new one for me.

So I whipped out the resistor pack thinking I might be able to salvage it with a soldering iron and a some resistors but it was pretty corroded and the green stuff was cracked so I just ordered another one off eBay for 21 quid.

All now working again lovely

·
Registered
38 Posts
Without me sounding like a moron

But how do you go about updating the firmware on your h/u??
I have the same one and think this could cure some of my issues
Would I also be able to install a nav app??

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
Without me sounding like a moron

But how do you go about updating the firmware on your h/u??
I have the same one and think this could cure some of my issues
Would I also be able to install a nav app??
you'll need a USB pen drive and the latest firmware image downloaded from the website (https://www.pioneer-car.eu/eur/products/avh-z5000dab/support)

put firmware on USB drive and attach to the H/U. Then, off the top of my head, go to settings and firmware update which should check the firmware image on the USB drive and the current installed image and ask you if you want to update. after you select yes the HU will restart and do the update. easy.

It has no built in/native NAV app. But you can use nav apps via Android Auto or Apple CarPlay from a plugged in, compatible smartphone. I have no experience with the Android side of it, but Apple Maps and Google Maps work fine via CarPlay using my iPhone7

201 - 220 of 256 Posts