VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my T5 door cards are pretty cacky and cratched so at some point I would like to cover them with something to help make tha can area a little more plush and soft if you know what I mean!

Thought about flock or the stretch carpet lining used in the back...

What are your experiences, failures or successes on tackling this? Post up your photos too please, here's my scabby sort cards to start it off...

You can't do any worse now!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
im now having mine flocked , will post pic when I get them back :)
j

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Nice idea for a post,,,, keen to see some ideas also as mine need some TLC too.... was thinking of leather trimming them..T:

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Don't flock them! Any kind of impact or scuff with your feet will leave a mark. It doesn't wear at all well and will look rough in fairly short order. (From somebody who learnt the hard way) I:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Whilst i have never had any flocking done, i agree with steve!

I know a few that have, and it isnt easy to live with, unless its a show van!

Youre door cards whilst scratched are undamaged, you could have the caps dipped, or wrap the inserts yourself, then maybe leatherette the main part's yourself. take the opportunity to do a custom speaker insert whilst youre at it!

I did some leatherette finishing a few years ago, and it is fairly straightforward.

col.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Don't flock them! Any kind of impact or scuff with your feet will leave a mark. It doesn't wear at all well and will look rough in fairly short order. (From somebody who learnt the hard way) I:
managed to stop my flocker before he did them lol so only getting top half done to match dash and spraying the bottom half same as dash T:
j

·
Registered
87 Posts
Had mine flocked (not very well in turned out!!).... result was this

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Ended up using 4 way stretch vinyl and carpet for the pockets T:

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
162 Posts

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

This is great..... or not. More stuff I want to do now! How much vinyl did you end up using? And I do like the tool box in the last picture ;)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've used around 8 mtrs to do lower dash, doors & B pillar trim. This includes the wastage on the A pillars I attempted 3 or 4 times :bhd I've got protruding tweeter mounts/pods and it was just too much stretch to work well enough, also wasn't happy with a couple other parts of trim so recovered these to. If you were savvy and didn't mess up I'd say 6 mtrs would cover the lot T: , also use 'brush on' contact adhesive rather that the spray on stuff, far superior bond with it.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
Looks familiar! ? Were they done down Redruth?

Like what you've done now though mate.A: What is it they say about if you want something done properly..........

1 - 20 of 25 Posts