VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,my t4 is standard and i want to drop it on the suspention,do i need to replace all 4 coil spring or just the rears as
you can drop the front on the torsion bar?? also do i need to get new dampers aswell??

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
Rear springs will need changing and yes you can lower the front bar. As for going low your not going to achieve more than a 60mm drop without bending the rules slightly or further modifications. Depends how far you want to go. Different dampers will be needed if you want a comfy ride but not really essential unless you go more than about 50mm. Also depends what sort of weight you will be carrying too.

There's a few factors but plenty of help an info here if you have a good search T:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rear springs will need changing and yes you can lower the front bar. As for going low your not going to achieve more than a 60mm drop without bending the rules slightly or further modifications. Depends how far you want to go. Different dampers will be needed if you want a comfy ride but not really essential unless you go more than about 50mm. Also depends what sort of weight you will be carrying too.

There's a few factors but plenty of help an info here if you have a good search T:
Thanks for that pal!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Mod the rear springs!!

Somebody told me you can warm the rear springs up with a blow torch to drop the van abit has anybody else done this???

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts

Somebody told me you can warm the rear springs up with a blow torch to drop the van abit has anybody else done this???
LOL: dude!

If you compress any spring and super heat it then yes it will stay where it is when cool. Problem is it will weaken it completely.

Not a good idea on a van. They use this method in banger racing and alike :ILU:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts

you would need oxy acccet to do this and the springs are mounted in rubber.The springs will loose there temper and you dont want angry springs on a 2 ton van

1 - 8 of 8 Posts