VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So been moving house.

New place has quite a steep driveway.

Turned up to the new house with the bus loaded up, not majorly but lots of boxes.

Reversed up the drive but it struggled like mad. Hand break is buggered and wont hold the van on the drive. But thats all besides the point.

Look how low it dropped going up the drive! I think it was rubbing! There wasnt that much weight in the back...? How am I going to park on my driveway? Go forwards?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill try going forwards.

I mean when I have a conversion in the back it may be a problem.

Maybe I have floppy springs or shot shocks? I know one shock is not the greatest.

I just thought it was weird how it just went low rather than lifting up in the air?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only reason I went backwards up the drive is cos thats the way the slider goes.

Might have to like you say raise the height if I have problems.

The efficiency of the handbrake is scary bad. I just got a new cable today. But waiting on other bits.

Is it bad for the gear box leaving it in gear if your on a bit of a slope? Especially as the weight of the van is being held by it..

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well last night was the first time going to the house in the van.. starting to move stuff so vans coming into its own. Didnt think it was overly steep.

So I started to reverse up the drive. Needed loads of revs to get up the slope.

When I got out took this picture waay low in the arches, (baring in mind the vans still loaded at this point and slightly up the slope) got me thinking perhaps the wheels were mashing the arch maybe making me need to rev loads to reverse back and up.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Even if your creeping slowly and reving loudly?

I guess you may feel it too?

Maybe I just bottled it? And it would have levelled if I kept going backwards..

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ill try going forwards.

I mean when I have a conversion in the back it may be a problem.

Maybe I have floppy springs or shot shocks? I know one shock is not the greatest.

I just thought it was weird how it just went low rather than lifting up in the air?
Just thought I'd point out he shocks have no bearing on ride height, that's purely the job of the springs, the shocks are there to control the movement of the springs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts