VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was wondering how many peeps here have stepped up to the ol 1210's and threw a few choons down in the mix ?? or not mixed as the case maybe ??

I myself played out for over 10 years... and i LUV'd It!! so much so that i am hopefully going to be dipping my tow back in the clubland waters real soon... sorta stopped when i became a dad but now keen to get back into it...

Played all sorts of style of music in the venues i played, disco, house, funky, hip hop, party and cheese but my real love was funky & hard house, have dj,d along side steve thomas, scott bond, jon the dentist, queen maxine and k class to name a few... met some great people & made some truely great friends too...

The other reason in posting this thread was to gain intrest in a poss meet/mini fest sorta thing possible sept time somewhere for a rave I: with if there are enough Dj's on here interested enough to dj for it... get a sound system in a large field and we can all do a set... any thoughts on this would be great T:...

Anyway two of the biggest choons in my box...

Choooooooooons :cool: These rocked the place...

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
re living you youth mate i like that...:D..:ILU:

been known to spin a few tunes myself back in the day...

you need to speak to groover on here for the help with the party...eternal free party crew...

i would be up for this...i think chippy has even been thinking about this..I:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Lovin the tunes tooo... Scouse House, Happy House and a bit of Techno.... Never managed to buy some decks, but got mixing software on the laptop with a portable controller and plug in the synth and my gaff rocks... but only when Mrs Wee-Carol is out :cool::cool:

Used to work with Carl from K Klass... He still does a turn locally now and then T:

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Me only a 'lounge' player, and on CD decks too (sorry), also with Tractor software. I'm not very good- but I do get a massive buzz when it all lines up :D
Gonna be selling the kit though as my bus needs funds..... x

·
Banned
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

you need to speak to groover on here for the help with the party...eternal free party crew...

Nice One Simon... i really would like to get this going for later in the year, an end of summer blow out if you will T: would be great if we could get together a load of Dj members to spin some choons, be it on the ol 1210's or cd/laptops I:... and all sorts of music too... will look up groover and see if he is game... what sorta choons did you spin fella ? i had a residancy up in bristol down on the water front... was mainly RnB & hip hop but managed to educate them in to some of the finer house choons I:

Will put you down for a set T: are you up for helping out in getting this from here to a field somewhere I:

Lovin the tunes tooo... Scouse House, Happy House and a bit of Techno.... Never managed to buy some decks, but got mixing software on the laptop with a portable controller and plug in the synth and my gaff rocks... but only when Mrs Wee-Carol is out :cool::cool:

Used to work with Carl from K Klass... He still does a turn locally now and then T:
I had a mini disc recording of the k-klass set they did... we used to record every thing lol... will have to try and look it out, hope they still play have been in storeage for a few years I:... is your mixing up to a set if we can get the show on the road ??

Me only a 'lounge' player, and on CD decks too (sorry), also with Tractor software. I'm not very good- but I do get a massive buzz when it all lines up :D
Gonna be selling the kit though as my bus needs funds..... x
Kate :) Ahh The Buzz... it is a pretty special feeling when it all goes well in the mix and when you see 700 people all going mental when you throw in that huge choon in to the mix is just multiplied 10 fold :cool:... send me a pm with what kit software you wanna sell and what you are after for it, was talking with a mate on friday and he/we are after some Dj stuff and i know a few others too and maybe able to line up some buyers T: you up for coming to the rave if we can make it a go'er ?? x

yep PRO DJ from the 80,s UP NORTH ONE OF THE BEST FLOOR FILLERS :D
WAS Nino Tempo and 5th Avenue Sax Hooked On Young Stuff CHECK IT OUT ON YOUTUBE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLpR5Mjwy20&feature=player_embedded
You interested in a set fella if we can get it off the ground fella ??

How about we try and organise this as a charity event for this years chosen forum charity ?? just a thought but if members attending would be willing to pay a small fee for a full on weekend of music madness with some van action thrown in could raise a bit wonga for the cause T:

So Dj's interested in playing a set so far:

1) Bubster
2) Colese

Any Ideas on a place we could do this ??

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Kate :) Ahh The Buzz... it is a pretty special feeling when it all goes well in the mix and when you see 700 people all going mental when you throw in that huge choon in to the mix is just multiplied 10 fold :cool:... send me a pm with what kit software you wanna sell and what you are after for it, was talking with a mate on friday and he/we are after some Dj stuff and i know a few others too and maybe able to line up some buyers T: you up for coming to the rave if we can make it a go'er ?? x
I've never played to a crowd before- only a select few (poor buggers!) But I'm a deep house lover for sure. Though I am partial to some euphoric trancey stuff these days I:

Anyway, this is the kit I'm currently using/selling ( http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=160938 )

I'm deffo up for attending an old skool rave though, probably won't play, but will deffo support it- so long as it's lights out by 10pm LOL: LOL: x

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts

Yep, started on the "oi oi cheesy quavers" thread, looks like we're getting it on now though T:

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=160659

·
Banned
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, started on the "oi oi cheesy quavers" thread, looks like we're getting it on now though T:

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=160659
Kieth :)... have checked it out... did not see it dont go down to WFC to offen :eek: but nice thread T: if you wanna hand with anything give me a buzz, had been Dj'in for years and am in throws of uploading a mix of some banging trance from a night we done in dorchester back in the days I:... had the idea for doing it for the forum chariteee as a way of making a little differance... had a thought and i have contacted a club owner and i may be able to get the club for free (he gets the bar take) and am looking at sorting a camp spot too but doing it this way you dont have to worry about getting raided by the boys in blue (like they did at an event held in beer quarry on boxing day lol) as it will be all legal and hopefully be cheeper as no cost of hiring a sound system... can get access to the club to deck it out and can even add a small sound system to boost the clubs one like the rave boys do that hold events there... it also has two rooms... and a 3.00 kick out time to boot I:... any thoughts on going down this route ??

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Depends what everyone wants on thread tbh, great offer from Groover, just depends on numbers :*

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I DJ here and there -
mainly for a corporate entertainment company so have some PA kit etc which I'd be happy to put to use if a sound system is needed...

Maybe take a set too depending on what music is wanted - I'm into the new ..l can't keep up with all the classics Rasp:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts