VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iv recently became a "father" to two fox red Labradors,1 just over a year ago and another just before xmas and i love them to bits,the only problem i have is when i go camping it becomes a wee bit cramped in the van as you can imagine,im thinking of building a rock and roll style bed with two kennels underneath it to house the dogs,i recon if i build this into a lwb van and put vents on the outside it will work out perfectly with space and ventilation etc, does anyone have a design like this or have a similar problem that would like a similar bed system? could be a good idea for the bed building guys. i have no interest in producing these to sell on but i will be seriously considering one for myself

·
Registered
596 Posts
I currently own 2 Pomeranians and 4 American Cocker Spaniels (one of which is pregnant). They are a handful and haven't even attempted camping or attending a show with that lot...... lol

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
As you know lee weve had 3 greyhounds but unfortunatly had to have the old girl (tess) put to sleep this week :(but we used to have all 3 in our van.....it was abit of a squeeze but we managed

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have 3 border collies and will let you know how tight a squeeze as it is my first year out :)
mine will be sleeping in the tent if weather is ok

·
Registered
78 Posts
We have a little Lakeland terrier who comes camping with us all the time. We used to use a cage at the foot of the bed the first few times we went camping. Now he sleeps at our feet on the bed. I also screwed a seat belt anchor thingy to the back of the passenger seat base. With a 4m rope we can clip him onto this so he can have a safe little run when ever we stop anywhere. It also stops him from bolting when we open the sliding door. Whenever i have left him loose in the back, by the time i walk round to the drivers seat the little bugger jumps onto the bed, walks along the units and jumps onto my seat!

There isnt much space under a normal RnR bed for a dog to sleep, so i imagine you will need some sort of raised bed to give pooch some more space.

·
Registered
686 Posts
we've just recused a 2 year old bitch from Spain, She is some kind of Podenco and is called Smiley, 10 days in the UK and we are smitten, she is everything and more we hoped for :)

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
We've just got our second dog (a fox hound) . The plan is, he'll sleep on the front double seat when its folded. (that was the plan with our first (patterdale terrior) but she now sleeps on the bed with us.
A friend has two labrador sized dogs and they have a footwell each and love it.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
:D This is my boy Ruben he is a year old and loves the vw scene. He is a jackchi. Jackrussel mixed with a chihuahua.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts