VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Did anyone count ... I know we had more than half a mile of Vans bumper to bumper I:
That was down the straight Jimbo, over 50 vans still came in at the junction where the pub is.
I was number 69 through the gates and I was talking to a chap who was 164th van through and he said there were more behind him:eek:

There was a guy near the big cadilac on the way out counting, don't know if he was one of ours????

·
Registered
346 Posts
Brilliant!! Cant wait to see footage of this! I didnt see the angry man but I noticed everyone else in cars and by the sides of the road were smiling waving in awe!

Was interesting in the Cafe full of pirates too! A few older couples enjoying their cream teas came and talked to us and said how good we all looked :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
The cruise was brilliant! So many fantastic vans! Best quote from my daughter about onlookers checking us out :- "and it's even weirder because we're all pirates!" Love that!! :D LOL: :D

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The cruise was brilliant! So many fantastic vans! Best quote from my daughter about onlookers checking us out :- "and it's even weirder because we're all pirates!" Love that!! :D LOL: :D
Luv it ... today is my first day back, mid-morning had a conversation with a few colleagues along the line of "What did you do at the weekend" The usual followed, went to the pub, went out for a meal, then ... what did you do Jimbo LOL:LOL:LOL:

Led 200 Vans through the New Forrest all dressed as Pirates, with me hanging out the roof of one of them, took over Beaullieu for the weekend with somewhere in the region of 1000 people camped up for 4 days .... usual sort of weekend really I:

·
Registered
3 Posts
being a Newbies to the T4 world and Forum , all i can say is WOW :D:D:D what a weekend !! and being part of the curise was the highlight for us , traffic jammed the New Forest way to go T:T:T:T:T:

·
Registered
41 Posts
It was our first as well but absolutely brilliant!!!!!!! we have not had our T4 for long but the weekend was fantastic especially the cruise out. we only just made and got in the queue to go out when we arrived but it was well worth it. Can't wait for next yearA:A:A:A:A:A:A:A:

·
Registered
131 Posts
I thought the vans had to be in fancy dress for the cruise this year, was there any?

Really sad we missed it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there Jimbo,

Thanks for Your kind personal welcome at the event! I was there for the first time with my white California Westfalia HighTop T4 camper from Holland and was overwhelmed by all the nice people and beautiful and amazing T4 & T5's. Especially the cruise on Saturday was the highlight of my holiday! I thought to be halfway the line, but when we stopped and I got out of my "Bussie", I indeed saw there were a whole lot more vans around the corner on the road we just came from!
Thanks You and all those wonderful people for a great weekend that I will never forget and I will absolutely try to be there next year!

Kind regards,

Edgar de Wild, Holland

·
Registered
76 Posts
i thought i would video all the vans leaving, i sat down by the gates and videoed the firtst va leaving at 12.00, at 12.05 my phone memory was full but I continued timing, the last van left at 12.12, 12 minutes of vw at around 1 every 5-6 seconds, My daughter andmyself had a great weekend, it was my first vw meet but will be back for more, thank you to all those who made it possible A:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Daz, was great meeting You too! Loved to hear from You that my High Top was driving so stable (and You could tell, driving behind me:). Hopefully till next year! Best regards, Edgar.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts