VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having windows fitted to my T4 panel van next week to kickoff the conversion (well excited A: )
The van already has a tailgate and im having the 2 standard side windows deff fitted, but was contemplating on having a 3rd window fitted to the rear passenger side aswell.
What are the pro's and con's of having the 3rd window fitted? I want to get this right before i start anything else T:

Cheers Craig :)

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I did plan on doing this to mine as I was planning on a three quarter bed originally, so units would have covered the driver side rear window panel, gone for a full width now instead so have the glass spare, still in VW packaging, £20 if you want it and I'm in Swansea Friday afternoon lol.......Mine is a SWB Van.

I'm fitting speakers in the rear window panel areas too......

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Pros: more light in the van, slightly increased visibility (but the biggest difference is with the sliding door window), looks better in my opinion.
Cons: Extra expense of the other two windows, you will lose more heat through the windows at night, you will need more curtains, trimming the internal edges is difficult.

Its about 50/50 either way. Just do what you like best.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I'm only doing the 2 sides as my van is rare-ish, not many longnose panel vans around. If I do them all I might have well bought a caravelle.

And I think it's more cosy not having back windows if you go for a typical rock and roll/side unit arrangement T:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts