VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

This is my first ever post as I picked up my van only last friday. My wallet is empying faster than I could have ever imagined but I am feeling a connection to Bertie (the name given to my new toy) already.

I have bought the 55mm lowering kit from Just Kampers and have been looking around for someone to fit them (dont trust doing the job myself). I have been quoted £215 inc VAT by a local garage, does this sound like a good price?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I live in Calne, Wiltshire if you know a good local mechanic who could do this?

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Why don't you do the rears yourself (I'm guessing its a t5?) and get the fronts fitted wich is more difficult. The rears are really basic stuff.

Stewnew on here had a mobile mech fit his for around £100 I think

·
Registered
410 Posts
I asked at a local garage about this today, and they said about £200. I was considering doing the rears myself, but as they are so much easier it is not going to save me much money so I will probably just get the garage to do them as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking that it would be easier to get the garage to do the whole thing. I am good with the electrics and fitting out the van but when it comes to the mechanics I am truely rubbish :) I heard some horror stories from another van owner about the local garage I called yesterday so I am going to keep hunting for someone local'ish with a good rep. I may try calling TransporterLand in Lydney later today as they are only about an hour away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts