VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

First off I bought 4 of these from VW part no VN 105 916 02 they are Beru plugs, probably get cheaper elsewhere but I wanted to keep to original parts cost £72.00 inc VAT for the 4.

This is the tools I used, Wee mirror very handy as most of this job is done with feel rather than sight as access is poor without removing radiator, but is very easy. also shows old plugs removed.

Shows clearance between radiator and front of engine. A lot of this job is done with feeling rather than sight. This is for guidance only and please remember the usual safety measures to be taken. I done mine with engine warm to ease plug removal and took no more than an hour.

leaning down front of engine feel for plug wirng loom and gently pull off of each plug, mines came off very easily this shows plug connectors fully removed.

Pic of plug connectors.

shows space you have to work in- removing no4 glowplug(counted from timing belt end). Please take care if plugs are very tight as breaking one would mean removal of cylinder head and ££££££s.

no1 refitted and no2 removed.

shows no 4 being removed and no3 refitted. this is why you need a universal joint!!

I coated the threads on new plugs with high temp anti sieze grease before fitting.

With all plugs refitted just push plug connector harness gently onto each plug and job done. Mines fired up first time, although I still have the light on dash, this will have to be plugged in to remove fault from ECU, get that done Monday.

Hope this helps someone else to do this very easy job.T:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks Bengbong.

Popped the the bonnet to change the plugs, but alas couldn't find them. So logged onto the forum and found your thread thank god. Easy job when you know where to look. Took about 15minutes in the end.

I got NGK's for £35 off ebay.

Thanks's again.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to see its helped a few people, this forum has helped me so much with my van, so time to start giving something back.

·
Registered
63 Posts
After changing the glow plugs (vagcom diagnosed 3 abd 4 wern't working) the engine management stayed on as expected. I thought I would need to plug in a vagcom reader to clear the fault, however, the next day the light went out (started the engine maybe five or six times since changing the glow plugs).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts