VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our van has had a dog as a passenger on the front seat. So the glove box area is covered in scratches. Does anyone know of any products I could perhaps paint over them to tidy them up. Can't replace the glovebox without the airbag too and Although it's only cosmetic it drives me mad! Thank you.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Contact Wicked coatings and ask if they would be able to carbon dip it, they do some really fantastic work, not sure with the damage you describe though, I coated ours in vinyl but it has to be in good nick to begin with....

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Our van has had a dog as a passenger on the front seat. So the glove box area is covered in scratches. Does anyone know of any products I could perhaps paint over them to tidy them up. Can't replace the glovebox without the airbag too and Although it's only cosmetic it drives me mad! Thank you.
I’m sure I read on here a while ago folk using a heat gun. Obviously not too close and try on a area you can’t see first. But don’t take my word for it.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Can you not just keep your eye out on ebay? I picked one up on there when I needed one. By pure luck my key worked with the lock! :D A pita to change over by all accounts! Same with the airbag strip/mesh. T:

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Contact Wicked coatings and ask if they would be able to carbon dip it, they do some really fantastic work, not sure with the damage you describe though, I coated ours in vinyl but it has to be in good nick to begin with....

That looks really good , top job!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
I’m sure I read on here a while ago folk using a heat gun. Obviously not too close and try on a area you can’t see first. But don’t take my word for it.
dont use the heatgun method on the grey trim it changes the trim a darker grey and patchy ,works great on black trim just not grey :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Interesting! about the grey trim' i was about to do it on mine as i heard somebody did it on here before, they didn't use a heat gun! sounds a bit heavy ! But a lpg Soldering iron pen with a blow nib attachment, Held at about 4"there really cheap on Ebay although iv managed to get a Weller one on there! as its a pro tool. Ill have a practise on a bit of indiscreet grey somewhere in the back. and let you know how i get on. although there is a thread on here somewhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts