VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Kombi has 5 seats, 2 in the front and 3 in the back. I was told when I bought it that it was as it left the factory, there are no marks on the floor next to the passenger seat etc and the fabric on both front seats matches.
However, the V5 shows it as a 6 seater. I am going to send it back to the DVLA to be updated, but it would be good to find out if it is a factory 5 seater or if it has been changed.
I have checked the option codes, but they do not mention anything about number of seats. Can it be found from elsewhere on the build sticker? Or are there any other ways to tell?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think they are all 6 seater as you can have double seat in front if you want to, I would keep it as 6 seater, you never know...............

·
Registered
186 Posts
Mine has 5 seats logbook shows 6.
Pretty sure its factory 5 seats.
Rears are removable anyway so who cares whats on log book?if i take rears out should it show as a 2 seater on log book?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I imagine the paperwork is done by someone who has never even seen the vans...
Seems that way. I'll get around to changing it at some point. Perhaps when (if) i get approval to change it to a motor home.

Just had a look at your van though, spot on. Part of me wishes I had gone for just a van daily driver / camper. Rather than van + octavia.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
My first T5 an ex AA Kombi stated on log book that it was a LWB but def a SWB, was also a 5 seater, 3 in front and double bench in back but down as a six seater. Only a problem when I ordered an exhaust and I received a LWB one..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts