335 Posts
Firstly - Purchase a cruise control setup from Simon Baxter - @ Brickwerks

then on the van......

Crusie control plug colours from the golf / passat loom are

pin1 - black
pin2 - blue / grey
pin3 - red
pin4 - black / white

then you need to connect the wires up as follows to the transporter cruise control.

Black / Blue wire fron cruise to Black wire of vehicle loom
Blue White wire from cruise to Blue Grey wire of vehicle loom
Red / Yellow wire of cruise to Red wire of cehicle loom
Black Yellow wire of cruise to Black / White of vehicle loom.

This is what i have done......

Cut the plug from the end of vehicle loom, and the end of cruise control extension loom (which comes with it) and solder them together in the above order.

That way, you can still unplug the cruise stalks at the top near steering wheel if needed,but the rest becomes one long loom.

then you need to follow the instructions provided with the cruise kit to activate cruise control.

You can then go into measuring blocks, and scroll through until cruise control is listed, then u can operate each switch and function of cruise control, to check they work as they should. Also test your brake and clutch switches, as these need to work properly for cruise to function.

All should be good.

the bonus of using a t4 cruise stalks setup, is that you dont have to cut a secondary hazard switch into the steering cowl, meaning your van will have 2, one in the dash, and one on the stalks.

The t4 stalks come without the swtich, so once fitted, all looks factory :)

happy days!!!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Re: Fitting a t4 TDI Cruise Control Setup from a 2.5 tdi into a 1.9 1z conversion

Wicked - i'm gonna have to do this once the 1Z has been wrenched outta my donor and into the T4.

Thanks for sharin.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Re: Fitting a t4 TDI Cruise Control Setup from a 2.5 tdi into a 1.9 1z conversion

Quick question........the single black wire with the green single connector plug on it, which is part of the Golf loom........
Does it plug into the fuse box in the green "bay" ? :*

MTIA

·
Registered
26 Posts
just done mine today i have a 1994 t4 with the 1.91z conversion i used the golf cruise control stick.
i was faced with a problem as i have my hazzard light on my indicator stalk, so all i did was swapped out the gutts of the golf stalk and put them in my transporter stalk so it all looks factory apart from the stalk.
if any one else is in the same position a can talk you through it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I have recently completed my 1.9TDI AHU conversion and fitted cruise control.
Does anyone know why my cruise wont work?
I have checked all the wiring from stalk back to the ECU which is as described on the forum.
I have VAGCOM and again followed the set-up guide on here to activate it.
The brake, clutch etc all change as they should but when i switch the cruise on (cruise control system 2) is meant to change to 000011 where as mine only changes to 000001.
I think this may be where the problem lies but have no idea how to rectify it.
Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, John.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi all,

I have checked all the wiring from stalk back to the ECU which is as described on the forum.
The brake, clutch etc all change as they should but when i switch the cruise on (cruise control system 2) is meant to change to 000011 where as mine only changes to 000001.

Cheers, John.
Hi, how did you fix this as I have the exact same problem?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello guys,
The forum has been fantastic for information helping me convert my T4 to tdi ahu but I am left with one problem I cannot solve, can anyone help?
The van runs perfect since the conversion 12 months ago but I have one last problem that niggles me, I fitted cruise control and used penbryn plus other guides to modify the wiring then used vagcom to make sure it was enabled etc. When I took the van out it worked for a short while and then stopped and never worked since. When I plug vagcom in I have the error code vss control difference which I assume is stopping cruise from working. I bought a brand new sensor from vw which made no difference. If i disconnect the sensor the brown is ground, black measures 11.4vdc with ignition on and im not sure what is meant to be on blue/white if anything. I have belled the blue/white from the gearbox sensor and found it goes to fusebox connector G1 pin 11, is this correct or require moving to another location. Does anyone have any ideas as to why it wont work? Or other things to check.
Any help would be appreciated as im now stuck and face some long drives down country this year where cruise would be great.
Regards,
John.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Hi all,

Cheers, John.
EUREKA I have found the problem. I had the same symptoms as above, I gave it another good looking at this morning and in amongst the birds nest I found a blue and white wire with a blue plug, I plugged it into the blue socket on the back of the fuse box and bugger me backwards it works.H:H:H:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi all,

Cheers, John.
Did you sort your cruise out?

Had this very same problem with mine

you may have to reset the brake/clutch switches....

pull the two switches out of their mountings above the brake pedal and pull their plungers out fully......you should hear them click like a ratchet.

Now press and hold the brake pedal down by hand and replace the two switches...... When you release the brake you should hear the switches reset.
Do the same for the clutch pedal switch, and all should workT:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts