VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a leeloo grill how do you fix the mesh please also got a big ally spoiler coming and want to put mesh in the mouth and lover cut outs

any advice would be great

cheers dixT:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers bud
Yeh I hope mine will come next week take some pics lol
I just fitted black reps the bumper removal done my box in
Are you spraying yours on van?

Dix

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
No bud I bought another bumper so I could take my time fitting the mouth and chin. Just taken it into a body shop for smoothing and blending. Will be dropping off a few other bits in a weeks time for them to paint along with the bumper

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I'm leaving the filling to the body shop but have saved myself some dosh by cutting the bumper about and fixing the bits on myself.

From what I've been told you need to use a good flexible filler.

When the bumper is filled and primed I will pop in and get some photos

I also fitted black drls they look the mutts got a gloss black limo grill ready to go on it when it's all painted can't wait

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Hey dix here are a couple of photos of my bumper with the mouth and chin all bonded on, now been filled, blended and first coat. I had the gap under the mouth filled to look more like the caravelle bumper. I will have mesh in the towing eye cut outs but just going to wrap the lower cut outs black.

What do you think dude

The mouth is held in just with sikaflex, the chin has sikaflex but I also drilled and riveted the lip using countersunk rivets with washers behind the bumper. Then in a few areas I used some expanding foam just to stop the bottom of the chin vibrating at speed. Its really solidT:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looks cool dood mines coming thurs fri i think your doing a gd job bud hope mine turns out as good man
cheers for the picsT:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Cheers JayT:

Dix just take your time with it and make sure its well secured and you will do a good job. If you need any more info mate just give me a shout.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts