VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, Newbie seeking help!!!!!!
I planned to post details about my van and jobs done as my introduction and first post once it was looking at bit better but have a problem ?
My van is a 1998 T4 1.9td I had 2 leaks from my injector pump,
1 was from a small plate on the front that covered 2 springs and the
2 nd was the main rubber gasket around the lid
I took it apart following this post and replaced all the seals i came across to get the ones that needed doing.
Everything was good until I went to start it, i forgot to do any markings and now it won't start, the engine just keeps turning over it doesn't try to fire or even splutter .
I'm hoping it's a matter of adjustment on something.
Where and how would I start? Any help would be greatly appreciated especially pictures showing any parts you suggest I try.

Thanks

·
1.9TD 800 Special SWB
120 Posts
I set up an album using the 'picture' option on the menu bar above and ticked the box for making it public; you can then choose pictures from that album for your various posts, selecting 'Insert' from 'My Photos'.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Just spotted this fix for Photobucket forum issues (posted on Edition 38 ). Only works with Chrome browser. I've just tried it and it works (for now) :

For those that use Google chrome browser and use several forums, all of which will be plagued by this but few will have this fix in place, I have a extra little helper.

This works by adding ~original to the end of each photobucket url.
God knows how long until PB cotton on and stop it working but a good temporary fix atm.

Download this Google chrome extension : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...er-info-dialog

Install and make sure it is enabled.

In it's options in the JavaScript box enter:

$(document).ready(function () {
$('img').each(function () {
var img = $(this);
var imgsrc = img.attr('src');
if (imgsrc.indexOf("photobucket.com") !== -1) {
img.attr("src", imgsrc + "~original");
}
});
});

Once installed, Click on settings, then extensions

In the item 'Custom Stylesheet & Script', click options and add the above script in the javascript box then hit the 'update extensions' button

And hay presto at least for now any site you visit with broken photobucket pics will be restored - at least for you they will.

Retro rides forum have done something to globally re-enabled all the photobucket links on their site - not sure how though.

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Just spotted this fix for Photobucket forum issues (posted on Edition 38 ). Only works with Chrome browser. I've just tried it and it works (for now) :

For those that use Google chrome browser and use several forums, all of which will be plagued by this but few will have this fix in place, I have a extra little helper.

This works by adding ~original to the end of each photobucket url.
God knows how long until PB cotton on and stop it working but a good temporary fix atm.

Download this Google chrome extension : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...er-info-dialog

Install and make sure it is enabled.

In it's options in the JavaScript box enter:

$(document).ready(function () {
$('img').each(function () {
var img = $(this);
var imgsrc = img.attr('src');
if (imgsrc.indexOf("photobucket.com") !== -1) {
img.attr("src", imgsrc + "~original");
}
});
});

Once installed, Click on settings, then extensions

In the item 'Custom Stylesheet & Script', click options and add the above script in the javascript box then hit the 'update extensions' button

And hay presto at least for now any site you visit with broken photobucket pics will be restored - at least for you they will.

Retro rides forum have done something to globally re-enabled all the photobucket links on their site - not sure how though.
I tried the link Reg and it just took me to the Chrome Web Store so I searched in the store for Photobucket and installed
Photobucket Embed fix

cleared my cache reloaded T4Forums and all pics came up from Photobucket!
Cheers mate, appreciated!
(On another note I'll email you regarding injectors)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Replaced the spindle and bush and now the van won't start, anything obvious I should look at?

Ive taken it all apart again to check everything is in the right place and still won't start :-(

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Replaced the spindle and bush and now the van won't start, anything obvious I should look at?

Ive taken it all apart again to check everything is in the right place and still won't start :-(
Hi, so long as your marks on the throttle arm have been aligned properly and you brimmed the pump with diesel before refitting the banjo, it should start fine if everything was done properly. Could be an unrelated fault. I'd check that fuel is pumping and your solenoid is working first of all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ive no fuel coming out the injectors, I've tried towing to off tonight and still no go.

Do I have to remove the immobiliser gubbins to get at the solenoid?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
It depends what model you have, on my old van it was under a plastic cover, on my current van it's not covered/obscured by anything. It does sound like the stop solenoid or pump needing to be bled. After doing the job the van should start straight away with no problems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, Newbie seeking help!!!!!!
I planned to post details about my van and jobs done as my introduction and first post once it was looking at bit better but have a problem ?
2 nd was the main rubber gasket around the lid
I took it apart following this post and replaced all the seals i came across to get the ones that needed doing.
Everything was good until I went to start it, i forgot to do any markings and now it won't start, the engine just keeps turning over it doesn't try to fire or even splutter .
I'm hoping it's a matter of adjustment on something.
Where and how would I start? Any help would be greatly appreciated especially pictures showing any parts you suggest I try.

Thanks
First time on this forum; did you get this segment of your issue sorted
"
"
My problem is that I think I have the same kind of thing dripping on my alternator (1997 T4 1.9td) and I'd like to give it a go at fixing her up before the summer comes. Any pointers to where I can learn to take it apart and fix the throttle spindle leak? Much appreciated if you can help getting me started.

T4Mark.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts