VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my van now for a little while, and am reading anything i can lay my eyes on about modifying them.

What has hit me though, is the similarity between vans, i know its a "Scene" thing to a certain extent, and its all part of the vanning, but dare i say it (and i'll probably get letters of hate now....better get the engine warmed up!) most are mute colours, lowered and shod with BIG alloys with elastic bands for tyres.......I know im sorry, hang in there!

If you didnt want to go that route but wanted something totally different, how would you go?

I was thinking the total opposite, small wheels, big fat rubber, nose down stance with a jacked up end and wider fatter rubber on the rears, bright candy paint job, maybe metalflake chucked in for good measure and a retro nod, with some wild pinstriping patterns applied.

Or am i talking !!!
Rasp:
(I'll get me coat!)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My post appears to have auto missed a few references to rear ends and mens nether parts, if it dont make sense!I:

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
My post appears to have auto missed a few references to rear ends and mens nether parts, if it dont make sense!I:
Good ole swear filter - now just watch your potty mouth in future :D

Your observations have some milage. In a lot of cases the routine is get van, slam it, bang 20s on it.
then its the sidebars, window tint, bonnet bra, spoiler, stickers etc. But - they do look good and stop lookomg like a plumbers van.

I'm just to tight to spend £600+ to replace something thats not broken.

With regards to you and wanting to be different - dont ask - just go for it, thats the whole point isnt it. It certainly sounds different (I have seen jacked up)
Yours does sound like the A Teams van on acid though A:A:A:A:A:

·
Banned
293 Posts
Can you please tell me where the worm hole is that you passed through to get to 2011. I would dearly love to go back to the 70's. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I'd like some mega fat alloys with a fat stretch tire low with wide stance!!

But I'll probably end up with rr alloys lol.

Want a big dish but hard to find! USA all the way I think For them.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Na 70s? Soul Train, Punk Train... Give me 80s Duran Duran, Banananarama, Thomson twins, kajugugug, , Bla Bla.

Now to the serious bit.

How about 15inch Black red line Wheels like those on originAL A Team (Provided your car is BLACK). Your car will go faster without chipping. Try 225/60 15...

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Can you please tell me where the worm hole is that you passed through to get to 2011. I would dearly love to go back to the 70's. Thanks.
That did make me laugh - I gotta say!

Just go for whatever your heart desires.

·
Banned
102 Posts
dont like 20s....
...band the steel rims.
find someboy who can split and weld your steel wheels (F1/2 stockcar racing do it about £40 each ) then fit wider tyres
and YES go for the old style metalflake paint. blue will look awesome

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
It seems to me that the best way to be 'different' is to do nothing to the van at all. Then when you go along to a meet, yours will be the only one with original bumpers, original side mirrors, high, and with small wheels. I've never seen the point of lowering - one of the best bits for me, is the fact that its so high up.

Well, anyway, that's my plan!

Apart from that, the cheapest way to be 'different' is to get some nice decals on it. Cover it with flowers, or butterflies perhaps? [all currently available in Halfords and online] Or design something yourself and get a company to make it and put it on.

I've currently got a chequered bonnet bra on my cream / white van. It's nice, but does make it look a bit like a police van. Still, can't be much wrong with that I suppose.

Good luck with personalising your van.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts