VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

I have tried to dismount the defective blower of my T4 synchro ‘94 (when outside temperature is low sometimes it begins to vibrates producing a really annoying and loud sound). The problem is that I have no idea how to do it and I didn’t find anything searching the forum for instructions.

Looking behind the glove box I have found the blower and released the 4 screw. Then I have tried to move it and because it didn’t move I have become a little bit uncertain about the procedure.

Do you have some advises on how to remove a blower? Was I on the right way?

Thanks!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Don't know if this is any help but I just did mine on my Passat. Looks a similar type. I couldn't get mine out in 1 piece cos the passenger airbag was in the way, so I removed the wires and the screws so the casing could come out a bit. I then stuck my hand in and pushed the blower fan away from the housing, which was held on my 3 rubber wedges. This allowed the casing to come out, followed by the fan. Refitting was almost the reverse, except I had to access the fan unit from behind the pollen filter and push it into the casing with a crowbar (once I had screwed the casing in).

Not the same as yours, but hopefully that may give you some inspiration.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the informations. I see that the only solution is to try again and hope for some luck ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts