VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all.
i have some water corrosion on the lips of my audi wheels.
decided that i am going to take the laquer off them in order to give them a polish up and get rid of all the white stuff underneath it all.
ive picked the peeling bits away but what easy ways are there to remove it all fairly quickly?
thanks
owen

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Hi!
You might blast them, rub them or possibly sand them down (wet) or chemically strip them
Depening on the possible pitting, polishing may not be sufficient

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi!
You might blast them, rub them or possibly sand them down (wet) or chemically strip them
Depening on the possible pitting, polishing may not be sufficient
hi thanks for the reply. should havementioned im not looking for an absoluteley flawless job anyway. the wheels still have kerb damage. i just want to get rid of all the water damage which is the real eye catching stuff.
when i have enough cash and time ill get them fully refurrbed ;)
thanks!

·
Registered
647 Posts
hey up pal use nitromos on them that gets it off straight away, iv done loads ,then use some wet and dry sand paper then some alloy polish takes a bit of time but with a good finish or go on to youtube type in how to polish alloy wheels ,loads will come up ,but theres 1 on there were he dose them on the car with the wheel spinning ,i think that 1 is best ,it called ,DIY-HOW TO POLISH RIMS ,blue back ground and white writing will come up first ,let me no what you think cheers karl T:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks mate ill get my hands on some of that nitromos stuff.
i have some autosol to polish them up.
ill post up the results soon.....ish......
cheers

·
Registered
642 Posts
i am referbing some merc sl wheels and they have a real thick paint laquer/plastic like coating, way way thicker than any of the vw/audi wheels i have doene before...will nitromores take that off??

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
I've been doing a set of RS8s with some 400grit wet and dry and an electric DA.
It's taking a while, but i'll eventually get rid of the machine marks under the laquer and give a proper polished finish

·
Premium Member
3,763 Posts
shop about sometimes its easier to get them dipped by the time you ve wasted money on nitromorse and your time doing them

·
Registered
332 Posts
thanks mate ill get my hands on some of that nitromos stuff.
i have some autosol to polish them up.
ill post up the results soon.....ish......
cheers
dude im pretty sure i got some nitromors in the shed from when i did my rusty bonnet, i'l see how much i got before u go buying any T: just make sure u cover any paint ur not trying to remove and wipe it off immediatly if u get any on there!
nitromors is great stuff and really turns paint into bubbly coloured slime.
and the autosol metal pollish or T-cut metal pollish u can get in asda in the isle with the car stuff, the shell garage in longwell green by the harvester or halfords T:
see you soon :ILU:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts