VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok folks - I want to remove the lights from the rear of the van before I line out the roof - so that I can reuse them - the van will also be a passenger car as well as a camper so I'd like to have some lights that come on when you open the doors etc. I think the lenses come out somehow and then remove a screw and the light comes out??? I just don't seem to be able to get the lense out and don't want to break it

cheers for your help

·
Registered
46 Posts
The rectangular ones? Either take the roof out and pop them out or screw driver to prise them off. They are just hooked onto the roof with metal clips. No screws involved.

·
Registered
103 Posts
As JP say's they just prise out. The retaining sprigy bits are on the narrow sides of the light fitting, so if you try pushing the complete fitting forwards or backwards (i.e. lengthways within the van) you will then be able to either pull or jently prise downwards. Then squeeze the prongs on the plug to remove from van.

John

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi folks - thanks for your hints - still no luck - I've got the rectangular double lens lights with round switch in middle which are fitted into struts in my hitop roof. I've tried levering them out but it really feels like they are going to break before they budge - I'm guessing there is some sort of plastic button clip that pops into a retaining hole or something - but just can't see where to shove the screwdriver ('xcuse my french!) - any help gratefully received.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts