VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, I have just got hold of a couple of screens for my van & want to rig them up in the back so the kids will keep quiet!
(Well, I live in hope!!!)

Rather than have a dvd player, I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge on HDD players, as they seem to be the way foward?

Any advice about setting up, connections, things to avoid etc???

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
I've tried a few setups in my van and although it's got a DVD player in it, I find the USB connection in my headunit the most useful...get yourself a big usb key, load it up with films, episodes etc. and job's a gd'un! That way you're not losing valuable space in the van, it's easy to update with new content, and you can take it with you so it's one less thing to be broken into over...

·
Registered
412 Posts
Could you not just rip your DVDs to your PC and transfer them to an iPod video? The iPod could then be connected up to the screens

Mark

·
Registered
986 Posts
What about the PS2 route? These are cheap and cheerful and you get more than just a film player. I'm sure thee a few peeps who have their setup this way. Not set mine up yet, like the look of the ipad for everything! :ILU:

·
Registered
986 Posts
i have got a ps2 slim in the back so can you play dvd on this one ? :ILU:
Just done a google search and wiki says yes:

PlayStation 2 software is distributed on CD-ROM (blue/purple polycarbonate) and DVD-ROM (clear polycarbonate with six "PlayStation" logos). In addition the console can play audio CDs and DVD movies, and is backward compatible with PlayStation games.

:ILU:

I think Will (Tidy Ts) wired one in, think they can run of 12v as well, but not sure! :*

1 - 10 of 10 Posts