VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, a few months ago I carried out a facelift front end conversion on my T5 and used caravelle twin reflector front lamps.
The headlights currently work normal on dipped beam when you flash the full beam but when you put full beam on continues dipped beam goes out.

I have a new steering wheel to fit and I have read some ware on the forum that the wires you need to mod to keep the dipped beam on while you have you full beam on continues are under the steering wheel?.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
9,237 Posts
I've done that mod for myself, tommo 026 and builder Jay. Its easy but I spliced the wires under the dash below the column. It makes no odds where its done but if you have the steering wheel off any way then it makes it easier. Think its on the face lift thread some where :) But 2 wires yellow/green and black/white...cut black/w and join the steering wheel end to the yellow/green, tape of the black/w going to the van.

·
Premium Member
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've done that mod for myself, tommo 026 and builder Jay. Its easy but I spliced the wires under the dash below the column. It makes no odds where its done but if you have the steering wheel off any way then it makes it easier. Think its on the face lift thread some where :) But 2 wires yellow/green and black/white...cut black/w and join the steering wheel end to the yellow/green, tape of the black/w going to the van.
Thanks Festa, I will give it a go when I fit my new steering wheel, I still haven't wired up my DRL under the dash yet:)

·
Super Moderator
9,237 Posts
I think you have it the wrong way round as that didn't work.

Cut green/yellow cable and the end that comes from the van join to the white/black cable.
Terminate with heat shrink or similar the green/yellow cable that is coming from the column.

http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/how-to-fit-caravelle-headlights-hids_topic28644.html
You want the thicker wire's as there is a black/white trace and a white/black trace. The yellow/green trace I think is the only one

·
Super Moderator
9,237 Posts
Ah yes sorry made a mistake I:...cut the yellow/green trace and connect it to the white/black trace and tape up the yellow/green that goes to the van :) that is the right way around. I done them over a year ago.

·
Super Moderator
9,237 Posts
If I may revive this thread.

Does this wiring mod apply to the T5.1 also? I've fitted some lightbar headlights and would like the dipped beam to stay on with the main beam. Thanks
Don't see why not :) as long as the main beam is a separate lamp to the dip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts