VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All

Just bought a passenger pocket of the bay and considering fitting some speakers but I have already wired a set into my tailgait.
Is it practical to add a set to the front speaker wiring or is this bad:confused:. I am currently using a GAMMA unit with 6 disc CD changer out of aGolf MK4 which works very well with good sounds through Ripspeed speakers.

thanks*<:)>*<:)>

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
gamma is a 2 channel radio... i think ... which as far as i understand means 4 speakers.... my caravelle came with a gamma and had 2 speakers in the back and 2 on the dash and two in the door pockets, so im guessing the ones in the door pockets are wired to the ones in the dash , i would see a problem wiring them in just for general listening but if you are going to be pumping out the vibes then u might have probs..... i think its down to impedance or something ... usually a speaker is around 8ohms u will need to check rating on radio to see what max impedance it takes per channel , and try not to go over it...

hope this helps but im sure someone will be along soon with a better explanation T:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gamma is a 2 channel radio... i think ... which as far as i understand means 4 speakers.... my caravelle came with a gamma and had 2 speakers in the back and 2 on the dash and two in the door pockets, so im guessing the ones in the door pockets are wired to the ones in the dash , i would see a problem wiring them in just for general listening but if you are going to be pumping out the vibes then u might have probs..... i think its down to impedance or something ... usually a speaker is around 8ohms u will need to check rating on radio to see what max impedance it takes per channel , and try not to go over it...

hope this helps but im sure someone will be along soon with a better explanation T:

Many thanks for the info, I will check the impedance of the speakers. I have no intension of pimpin my ride here just a fuller cab volume.

thanks

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
gamma is a 2 channel radio... i think ... which as far as i understand means 4 speakers.... my caravelle came with a gamma and had 2 speakers in the back and 2 on the dash and two in the door pockets, so im guessing the ones in the door pockets are wired to the ones in the dash , i WOULDNT see a problem wiring them in just for general listening but if you are going to be pumping out the vibes then u might have probs..... i think its down to impedance or something ... usually a speaker is around 8ohms u will need to check rating on radio to see what max impedance it takes per channel , and try not to go over it...

meant to say wouldnt see a prob .... not .... would see a prob lol

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I think Gamma is a 4 channel, so you could use the rear outputs. It's the Beta that's the 2 Channel if I remember correctly T:

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
No, he said he's already got two in speakers in the tailgate, and wants to add another two making six.

Its not a good idea adding more speakers as mentioned due to the impendence, you will more than likely end up blowing the amp in the stereo.

Get a four channel amp and run all the extra speakers off that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts