VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just a quick hello as I'm new to the forums. Am picking up my first T4 in the morning and am proper excited. I've got big plans for it, Its a 1994 SWB window van 1.9d with 163k on the clock.... So will be looking here for some advice and inspiration. My trade is mechanical so will be doing all the work and mods myself.

Anyways will catch up with you all at some point, :ILU:

Mart

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
hi, welcome :). know what you mean, well exciting H:. we have just got our first t4 and deffo work to fund the project at the moment. just cut out two sunroof holes and two window holes today, omg, that was scary taking a jigsaw to the panels :eek:. what do you plan to do, full conversion or surf bus? whatever it is, have fun. loads of keen peeps on here. get some piccys on, everyone loves the follow your progress.T:

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
Welcome to the forum T:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I picked up the van and the engine is sweet, better than I expected. Bodywork is a bit tattier than I expected but that all falls into the grand scheme of things anyways.

The lad who had it before me dropped the front end by 30mm and left the rear stock... I have no idea why.... -60mm kit on order this eve!!!

Plans for the Van are,

-60mm drop
Straighten all the dents out
Weld up and make good the arches
Flush tailgate and debadged grille
Full respray in standard colour, bumpers mirrors etc...
18" RS6 alloys (very generic I know but I like 'em)
Stainless 3" exhaust system, not for sound or performance but for the look I've got in ma head.
LED light bar headlights with HID kit.

Then I'll think about tidying the interior.... LOL: its already ply lined insulated and carpeted so thats 1 less thing to worry about.

Mart

1 - 7 of 7 Posts