VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Site was down for a couple of hours .........

What happened, did someone forget to pay the hosting bill ?

Anyone else experience that problem earlier ?

Tried other VerticalScope websites, they were also all down !

So what happened guys ? ........ this going to be a regular occurrence ? this ain't the first time it's happened !

TURK

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No outage Hoovie ........

Notice no new posts between 10:29 & 12:37 ! the two hours I couldn't login. I'm on 'SpeedDial' Rasp: Tried all three of my browsers.

When I did an IP trace, the connection was timing out in Amsterdam.

I can't be the only one surely :*

TURK

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi Turk
Was the same for me and now it won't recognise me or my password on many computer except on my iPad :*:*:*
Pretty pants really not a good image for the forum :*:(:*

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I get worried everytime this happens ........ which is quite frequently, as I'm up all hours. But to have server maintenance midway through a working day is bizarre to say the least. I've got an awful lot of images hosted on their servers which is worrying. In fairness, it's not really down to VerticalScope but their hosting provider 'SoftLayer', they're based in Amsterdam. Which is where my connection was being lost :(

I check a few of VerticalScopes websites, most of them were down as well !

I nervously just checked my photo albums Dave as you just mentioned that ......... everything seems to still be there ! :cool:

TURK

·
Registered
518 Posts
Great newsT: on your albums

It's stopped recognising me and my password again on anything other than my iPad maybe our ultra fast broadband is not to its liking
Hay ho such is life

·
Administrator
464 Posts
Hey guys,

I saw a report from the tech team stating that SoftLayer was experiencing issues yesterday morning with one of their front end router in their Amsterdam datacentre. This since has been fixed and we apologize for any inconvenience that downtime may have caused.

~Sheena

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Many thanks for looking into the issue Sheena .......... kind of figured as much, bit worrying though :confused:

Probably more worrying for you guys, as you have many sites hosted by them. Does happen quite frequently as it happens.

I was probably being a big girls blouse at the time, but I do get major withdrawal syndrome when I can't log in for a couple of hours ! :D

My original post was intended as a request of post notification when server maintenance will occur, but I realise now what a ridiculous request that would be .......... way too many people to notify ! I:

Thanks

TURK

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you tried to change your password. I have been looking for a new Internet provider for so long, because nothing helped me in the situation like you are having now, so now I can tell you about it. It was an exciting adventure. I was connected to a local provider and was sure that such a low speed is normal. In the end, I decided to change my provider. But I didn't know which provider was good. I asked my friends and neighbors, but they all gave me different names. As a result, I saw the provider's ad and decided to try it. I really liked it. Very fast Internet and low price. I was satisfied. I advise you to read it usave.co.uk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts