VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having grown up with VW Campers and having had many happy memories in my old mans VW Westfalia in the south coast I often said my wife one day one day. Now the time has come and I after much deliberating on what model.... An old T4 is what I decided.......well after months of looking for a T4, low mileage, service history clean inside and out......I stumbled across it. A V reg 1999, 93k, 1 owner all receipts and originals bills from purchase a tidy van.

I say all this but I’ve not even seen it in person. I saw it online over the weekend called the guy this morning tried to cut a deal and leave a deposit, who wouldn’t entertain such a purchase unless I had seen it in person. Unfortunately due to work commitments I wasn’t likely to get viewing until the weekend and felt I may miss out. So a quick call to my lovely wife and she was there within the hour, a quick FaceTime viewing for me 🤪 supplemented with a verbal wavier that I would never blame her for this purchase and she cut a deal👍

I look forward to learning from your experiences as I’m sure to be on her a fair bit gaining tips.... I welcome you advice guys as I begin my T4 journey.

All the best

·
Registered
7,959 Posts
Re: I’ve taken the T4 leap 👍

Welcome Jinxy and congratulations A:

So whats your plans for the van?

Looking forward to seeing the pics .

Why is Saturday such a long way away ?.....like a kid at Christmas i bet :db

·
Super Moderator
5,287 Posts
Re: I’ve taken the T4 leap 👍

Welcome to the forum and soon to be t4 ownership. Is the van standard at the moment or has it already been converted?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive taken the T4 leap

Thanks my fellow T4ers. I have a few pics but don’t appear to be able to upload from my phone. It’s probably me being a Luddite.

The van is still standard, barn door. I have planned many things in my head (dreamed) 😂. My thoughts initially were to sort a few cosmetic things on the van (small dent / touch ups) contemplating a little facelift, lights, grill, rails, lowering, (banded alloys?) windows .
Inside - Plan to remove bulk head, swivel front sets, full width RnR bed, leisure battery, lighting, diesel heater, sound deaden, insulate, carpet. .......all just for starters and hopefully if time permits before May!

Advice and guidance welcomed. I need to look at some of your pics on the forum......still trying to navigate my way around on her so bear with 🤪

1 - 9 of 9 Posts