VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as victor meldrew said,

well after a 2 month wait my new van eventually arrived today after much shouting from my daughter dad its here its here, so i go out side to meet the delivery driver dam it looks good. shall we walk round check it over then i can hand over the keys and be on my way he says,
and yes thats when it all goes wrong its not the van i ordered no barn doors it has a glass panel lift up door no electric like i ordered :bhd
so back it went phone call to the dealer all sorted but another 2 month wait while they build a new one, it was just one of those things but dam anoying, because i was putting extras on some things got missed in translation shall we say.
so here,s for attempt 2 :gl
have to say in all fairness vanarama where i ordered from could not be more appolgetic, i didnt quible about anthing just sorted it, so.
so guys an girls please help me pass the next 2 months with lots of good info on the forum to keep me going.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Mate that is so bad. Gutted after the wait and the excitement about it arriving. Hopefully it gets sorted soon.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Nightmare! I took delivery of my t32 Kombi 180 on 31/12/11after waiting over 10 months only to return it on 4/1/12 certain issues about handover- rust spots on paint work from rear spoiler fitted. list goes on, However, the sales manager is dealing with it now and promises me the van will be delivered as it should be. The only vehicle they could loan me was a sportline (my 8yr old son's face was beaming I just kept a poker face and accepted) Wow what a vehicle this is a VAN that handles better than alot of cars, grip seems too never give up and the speed, remindes me of my old gixer 600 just rev it!! I know it is run in so I'm looking forward to mine later.
I hope when yours turns up it put a big smile on your face and keeps you grinning T:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Ahh thats bad for you mate.

But like me who's been told my build is 2 months, I'll be waiting an extra couple of weeks for the new reg in march. I reckon you'll end up doing the same. Or do you need it as soon as???

Hope the time lets you plan loads of mods to do as I'm thinking about all the time!

Best of luck mate.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Nightmare! I took delivery of my T32 Kombi 180 on 31/12/11 after waiting over 10 months only to return it on 4/1/12 there were several issues at handover 1 being rust particles on the paintwork where the rear spoiler was fitted. The sales manager promises that when he hands it over it will be as it should've been. Meanwhile the only van they had was a sportline (my 8yr old son was beaming whilst I kept a poker face) Wow what a vehicle THIS is the only van to handle like/better than a car, grip is amazing Understeer, what understeer I'm glad i've had the sportline suspension fitted.:) This van is run in and reminds me of my old gixer just keep reving!
When you do get your it will put a smile on your face and when you want it, It'll keep you grinning:D

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
2 months!! Thats a really good delivery time bud, hope they keep to that on the replacement, good job it was'nt a sportline you would be waiting 6 months at least!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That sucks! good things come to those who wait though!

Any reason why you fancyed barndoors over tailgate? I:
The barn doors are just for ease as its my race transporter for bikes don't want to keep hitting my head as loading and unloading and I defiantly don't want glass in the rear doors so people can see what's inside

1 - 10 of 10 Posts