VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was poking about in the engine bay this morning and found a Eberspacher hydronic heater in the nearside area of my 2003 2.5 TDI Velle, anybody have any idea what it is doing there, and what it is for I dont have any way of controling it from the cab??

·
Registered
356 Posts
They were standard fit to some of these vehicles. Mine has one. It is fired up by a temperature sensor under the front bumper with the engine running (less than 5 deg or so). Quite a few threads on here about them.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
The little sensor is under the front bumper at about halfway point. One on my '02 velle but it didn't work so i ordered one from the Main Stealers.

The swine never got back to me so I wired in an illuminated switch on the dash and use it on very cold mornings. As soon as the temp gauge moves I turn it off.

It must go through a purge cycle or summat because it doesn't always come on straight away.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do you know its running, My Velle takes ages to warm up when its cold I can drive 10 miles plus and the gauge hasnt even moved, Might mean my heater isnt working too

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
How do you know its running, My Velle takes ages to warm up when its cold I can drive 10 miles plus and the gauge hasnt even moved, Might mean my heater isnt working too
You'll know it's running when people start pointing and telling you your bus is on fire... On a serious note it will only activate when the temp dips, I'm not sure it's been cold enough yet ... Oh you can hear it running as it does run on a little after the engine is switched off...

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I've got one on my Caravelle and as far as I know it is not working! Mind you, I don't intend to spend any money trying to get it working as I have never had one before so can't see much use for it really - mine warms up quick enough anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts