VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I picked up my first T4 in sept 10. Its a 1998 1.9td panel van. Since then I have been slowly converting it to a camper. I have never done one before so Ive been learning as I go.
I joined the forum a couple of days ago and cant wait to get involved with the scene and shows. Also I caint wait to recieve invaluable advise from hardened pros.
My van is for me and my girlfriend to travel the country (maybe euro), wakeboards in hand to tear up the lakes. If there is any more Wakeboarders out there i'd love to hear from ya.
Here are some pics of Ria up to date. Any comments welcome.
How I picked her up. Fresh paint job and Audi alloys but not much else

The bare back

Floor went straight in with help from kates dad Lev.

new floor going in. Classic black and white.

Bra on

Found a quality piece of thick off cut carpet for front

Rock N Roll sorted

Leather Saab seats

Roof lining

roof in

Kitchen plan

How she looks at the moment. Sloid beech worktop, stainless steel sink, fridge/cool box, 204 hook up with 2 sockets, inverter on single socket. 12v sockets with battery check on.

Any comments will be greatly recieved. Like I said its my first (but i very much doubt my last) conversion so I'm learning as I go. Cant wait to get to shows with her, but her main use will be taking me and the mrs around the country wakeboarding.
Much love, DeanoT:A::cool:I:H:

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
Looks great Deano T:
Saw this van on ebay for sale and was temped myself.. Outside looked mint in the pics i saw.. Keep it up fella :ILU::cool::ILU:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Hi and welcome along bud, do a bit of that there wakeboarding here where i live bud.
Good luck with the van.

Steve W....

·
Formerly known as marcus250
871 Posts
Another wakeboarder!

You have the exact same plan as me and my girlfriend with our newly purchased van! We wakeboard in Bedford on the cable and live up in nottingham so wanted something we can sleep over in and carry all the gear! Just started to insulate ours so its a long way off yet but yours is looking good! We're looking to do similar things to ours with a rock n roll bed, a few cupboards etc.

Anyway, enough rambling on from me!

Mark:)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kieran that's what appealed me to the van, I wanted one that was mint outside but needed the work inside. Got I for a good price in the end. Markus it's funny u shud say that coz our first wakeboard trip is going to be Nottingham. The waterpark has camping to. How long u been boarding?
Got a bit of work done on the van today, gear lever extention, 8 ball knob, hung some unit doors and wired up the 240 hook up. Will add some pics when I can.
Deano

·
Formerly known as marcus250
871 Posts
Sounds good and can't wait to see more pics! We used to wakeboard at Nottingham a few years back but now mostly travel to bedford as the cable is far bigger with loads more toys in the water. That said Nottingham is being extended at the moment so looks to be pretty good when its open.

Will keep an eye out for your bus at wakeboard lakes in the future! :ILU:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Looks great ... have yet to buy a T4 myself but have got my eye on a SWB which I may well snap up. Dont forget to post more pics when its all done :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is what I did this weekend, all doors now cut and 5 of 9 hung. Added the top cupboards over the worktop. Tonight I have sanded 3 doors down and gunna start painting. I have also had a gear lever extension, 8 ball gear knob and side step cover.

Thanks for all your comments so far, I will try and keep u all updated with pics.
DeanoT:H:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Had a busy week so not been able to get much done. got two days on it now so hopeing to make progress. A:
Got to paint the unit doors with PVA glue before I can paint them with gloss. Also need to get the sink drainage sorted.T:
Wish me luck, getting close to the finish now.:eek:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Right, got a bit more done today. The flipping doors are doing my nut in now!!! Started out by painting them in gloss, this did not work very well as I couldnt get it smooth enough. Following advise from some very helpful T4F members I decided to spray them which works cause i'm a better sprayer than painter. However I have struck a problem which I need help with. When spraying the black gloss I keep on getting little rough patches coming through. has anyone got an idea what could be causing this? I have tried to take a pic so you can see whats happening.

That aside the doors are starting to look quite good, steady progress so far, were booked for our first camping weekend in April at a site in Tewksbury.

As always comments are more than welcome.
Deano

1 - 17 of 17 Posts