VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I'm in the same boat - got 3 weeks left of my degree... Luckily only 1 exam and 2 reports left but I too do not take in exam revision!

All I can say is that if there is any chance to get a hold of previous exam papers, the questions very rarely differ too much!

Good luck with them all though buddy T:

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
When sitting the exam be disciplined and devote equal time to equally weighted questions.

So, if four questions in two hours then a half hour to each question. Don't faff about for an hour on a question that you are strong on and neglect the other questions. If anything spend more time on your weaker areas: you will pick up marks quickly in your strong areas.

After the exam, no "grave digging". By that I mean don't discuss the exam with other candidates; it won't change anything.
This habit gives false results. You've done well and this "discussion" will lower your hopes or vice-versa.

Remember that the revision will sink in, (despite thinking that it won't).

Get there in good time.

·
Literally, white van man
4,068 Posts
Sitting here trying to bloody revise for my poxy final exams and none of seems to be sinking in! Got me wondering what do people do to help them remember things when you have a brain like a sieve :*
Read, digest, repeat, repeat as necessary.... (avoid forums ;) )

Chris

·
Administrator
30,977 Posts
When are the exams mate, I mean how long do I have to ban you for? For your own good of course ;)

Will you have enough time to do my caravan interior ;)

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
You remember a lot more when you talk about the subject you're learning. If you're trying to remember formulas & stuff, read them out loud, record yourself (Get a cheap mike & record on the PC) and listen to yourself while reading back through your notes.

It sounds stupid, but it works. I've used the same technique to practice speeches and practice for giving lessons. I can still remember a best man's speech I gave 14 years ago, but I sometimes struggle to remember what I did last weekend.

Good luck.

·
Registered
127 Posts
write the equations down on the inside of your calculator...worked a trick for me and I've never yet been asked to recite the open economy multiplier or any other equation, from memory

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
In my whole life I've properly revised for one exam. I turned up and knew the answers, it was really wierd. That was the exam I was kicking my heels at my parents house for the fortnight before. My advice: actually revise, don't just pretend you are. Study stuff. It's a really odd feeling when you don't just blag the exam.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I understand, but can to say that your situation is not more difficult than mine. I study in very famous and expensive university, where work day is from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m everything day. And plus I study in online IT school, where in the end I will get Cisco Certification. What is pleasant, you can select category and study only what you are really needed. All they are professionals in this deal (think that it is important). With this certification I will be asked on market all the time. Try to research it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts