VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

2.5 LWB T4

has started to produce a very strange rubbing noise from (I think) the drivers front wheel. its an intermittent rubbing noise, gets faster when you accelerate also when you take your foot of gas it makes an intermittent rough soundI: (cant explain it any other way really) sounds like something needs greasing ! Im guessing its something to do with brakes ? or bearings maybe ?

Any other idaes would helpT:

Cheers guys

·
Registered
46 Posts
Jack up the wheel and see if there is any movement in the wheel bearings. If not then maybe your brake pads are worn down to the metal, or possibly a stone or something has been thrown up and got stuck between the brake disc and the disc guard or the pads.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Yes mate jack her up and pull and push the wheel away from the van towards you. obviously there should be no movement but if there is it might be the ball joints.
Could also be the diff bearing. dont know much about these, mine went on my little 306 before i got my van and the faster you go the more noise they make. when breaking it gave a very strange whinning noise.
Good luck buddy

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a noise similar to what you have described, and another menber said to check my wheel nuts, which were only finger tight! I thought it was daft but they were right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts