VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, I've been driving past this T4 for the last few days, eyeing it up, thinking it might be dumped, it's parked right tight into a hedge.

If that's the case, is there anything I can do?!! I dont want it to be towed and scrapped! Looks like some tidy bits on it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
let me know if you get your hands on it as i need a few bits !!
will do, i would need to do something about about collecting it etc.

However, i don't really hold out much hope as I am sure I can't actually do anything about it :confused::confused:

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
is it taxed? ive got no idea but must be some way to find registered owner via dvla. could a friendly copper run a check?

could just nick it?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, i'll be going past it tomorrow, I'll stop off and have a goosey gander, take some details etc

Isn't one of the members on here a bobby?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Similar thing happened to me a few years ago.
Kept passing a Pug 205 GTi just left down a side street. I was after a donor one for mine. Passed it day in and day out. Left it for 3 weeks and figured it was definately abandoned.
Rang the police to check on it. Didn't get anything out of them info wise at all.
Next day a police aware sticker appeared on it. 2 days later it had been removed.

Could do worse than leaving a note on it T:

·
Registered
958 Posts
If the vehicle is not displaying a valid VEL and parked on public road it is classed as abandoned. Usual procedure is to put a 10 day notice on it, then if still present, taken away and crushed....

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If the vehicle is not displaying a valid VEL and parked on public road it is classed as abandoned. Usual procedure is to put a 10 day notice on it, then if still present, taken away and crushed....
this is my worry, seems a complete waste!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Im not sure if you can still do this but,
take the details (reg, colour, make and model) get in contact with the DVLA and give them the details saying its been there for a ''while'' they contact the current owner to see whats the story! if they get a negetive response then they can re-issue the V5 in your name.
I did this with 2 cars, albeit on private ground (an army camp) and it took 4-5 weeks so i not sure how it would work if it was on a public road.
Its worth a punt if you can get a free van out of its thats legally yours!!
If all else fails, 2AM, no lights!! H:
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
To be fair, please make sure it isn't one of the few which have been stolen, belonging to folk on here !

·
Registered
882 Posts
There is a legal way of recovering it by some sort of salvage right. A bloke down the road did it to an old bay. He got advice from the police before towing it to his garage, then sent letter to owners with address to pick up van with recovery costs. they didnt want to know so he then applied for the V5, got it and continued to do it up and sell it on.

·
Registered
737 Posts
There is a legal way of recovering it by some sort of salvage right. A bloke down the road did it to an old bay. He got advice from the police before towing it to his garage, then sent letter to owners with address to pick up van with recovery costs. they didnt want to know so he then applied for the V5, got it and continued to do it up and sell it on.
seems this is the more sensible way to do it, i certainly wouldn't recommend going round early one morning and robbing bits off it, how would you feel if it was yours ?
is it parked on private property or public road?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts