VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all its been along time since ive been on here cos i sold my van a year ago but missed it so have just bought another one. its a 1.9td which im starting to do alot of work to and i would like to change the clocks to some that have a speedo instead of a big clock, it a 1998 swb van and need to know is it as sinple as finding some clocks with a rev counter and swapping or would i need to change some wiring ? please help cheer :*

·
Somebody stop me!
11,941 Posts
Fit a aftermarket one in a pillar/dash pod bud. A quick Ebay search for a Diesel Tachometer will bring up some good options. If you change your clocks your mileage will have to be corrected for the new ones, its far simpler and cooler to do it this way T:T:T:

Check it out on eBay!

When i am feeling more flush i'm going to buy this one with the matching boost and oil pressure gauge as well and change all the dash bulbs to red LED T:T:T:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Yeh mate you can change the clocks but only a certain part number will fit. You're best searching for the clock master on here penbryn and he'll give you all the info you need. Iv'e got the same issue as you... a big clock that dont work and it's ugly. You can fit some golf/passat (i think) clocks with blue led's (factory fitted) but like i said you will need to know which ones to look out for on ebay. Gonna set you back about 80 nuggets though, maybe more :ILU:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Fit a aftermarket one in a pillar/dash pod bud. A quick Ebay search for a Diesel Tachometer will bring up some good options. If you change your clocks your mileage will have to be corrected for the new ones, its far simpler and cooler to do it this way T:T:T:

Check it out on eBay!

When i am feeling more flush i'm going to buy this one with the matching boost and oil pressure gauge as well and change all the dash bulbs to red LED T:T:T:
good find been wanting one on me 2.4 for ages will it go on that too? i have it in my mind it goes on the blue? wire on alternator????? cheers daz

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool thanks i wanted to keep the stock look and can alway keep the old clocks in case, nothing wrong with loosing a few miles heheheheT:

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
cool thanks i wanted to keep the stock look and can alway keep the old clocks in case, nothing wrong with loosing a few miles heheheheT:
Hi Mark

You PM'd me earlier but I can't reply to you - check your account settings as I get the following message:

markharding has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts