VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know nothing about lowering a combi van so do I need to change the whole system out or just the springs? I'm looking to lower it about 40-50mm only as I have 20" with 35 tyres and this does leave a big'ish gap.

I will carry the odd bit of weight in the back of the van around 800kg tops, so will this be a problem?
Is a full kit better than just going for springs?

I have seen this kit is it worth it? http://www.vanstyle.co.uk/van/bilstein-height-adjustable-coilover-kits-p-4821.html

Can you suggest any thing else that is worth doing when you change the suspension, rubbers / bushes???

Thanks in advance
Glen

·
Super Moderator
5,213 Posts
Hi mate, thats a great kit.
Bilsteins come recommended.
The only thing to probably change would be your drop links on the front as these are normally seized when removing them and have to be cut off.
Once the suspensions changed then get it all laser tracked, normally around the £50-£60 mark.
Drop links are around £30. I have Meyhle ones which are heavy duty.
I also have a T28 and have had a bulk bag of sand in the back with no issues at all.

Good luck mateT:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mate, thats a great kit.
Bilsteins come recommended.
The only thing to probably change would be your drop links on the front as these are normally seized when removing them and have to be cut off.
Once the suspensions changed then get it all laser tracked, normally around the £50-£60 mark.
Drop links are around £30. I have Meyhle ones which are heavy duty.
I also have a T28 and have had a bulk bag of sand in the back with no issues at all.

Good luck mateT:
Nice one Jay thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts