VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

Been reading alsorts about the fitment of IC"ers in front of the radiator,Top mounting/Behind the bumper mounting
my thinking is

1)if you mount in front of the radiator will this put restriction of air flow to the rad plus been sat so close wont it put heat into the cooler ?

2)top mounting again all that heat from the motor wont it be transferred to the cooler ?

3)Behind the bumper mounting is a fair bit of pipe work & folk keep saying less pipe work is better ?

a mate of mine as a Passat 2000/2001 1.9tdi 280K on clock she pulls lovely right from the get go Yeah i know its a TDI but the IC is mounted kinda behind the N/F head light slightly down + all the pipe work as to go up kinda parallel to the bulk head then round to the turbo area "Alot Of Pipe work"
any thoughts adviceT:
its summat i would like to crack on with but iam in 2/3 minds on where to put the darn thing:)

·
Registered
500 Posts
put it behind the bumper, I did a mock up with marty2472 off here and found the pipework is less than the route mine had to take around the sides of the rad, from memory it used 2 90 degree bends, and 2 or 3 45 degree bends and maybe a straight piece from will at tidy Transporters, his coolers are top rate and cheap too!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
put it behind the bumper, I did a mock up with marty2472 off here and found the pipework is less than the route mine had to take around the sides of the rad, from memory it used 2 90 degree bends, and 2 or 3 45 degree bends and maybe a straight piece from will at tidy Transporters, his coolers are top rate and cheap too!
T:cheers matey thats food for thought:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts