VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

Looking for advice on the ideal set up for my lwb t4. Currently running staggered Keskins KT5's with 50 drop rear and 55 front. However, get slight rubbing on speed bumps at times on the rear arches.

Do I just replace what are probably worn out shocks?(originals with 97k on the clock) If so any recomendations? Would like to keep the stance if possible.

Any advice appreciated...thanks Simon!T:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi All,

The rubbing is top of the wheel arch and only slight....but it means I don't feel I can 'drive' the van normally. I just take it gently all the time.

The ET for the rears is 15?

Anymore advice appreciated! :)

Thanks Simon.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Hi All,

The rubbing is top of the wheel arch and only slight....but it means I don't feel I can 'drive' the van normally. I just take it gently all the time.

The ET for the rears is 15?

Anymore advice appreciated! :)

Thanks Simon.
Your et won't be 15. No need to worry about et's though as it sounds like your wheels are pretty centred in the arches. Add a second set of rubber sandwich plates above the springs. That should raise the rear by about 15mm.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Changing the rear shocks might stop it from travelling so far so quickly, The sachs HD shocks are very stiff and without a load my rear does not seem dip/bounce so much over speed bumps T:
Good luck

*edit* maybe take a dremel to the rear bumper if its that rubbing or maybe get the arches inner lip cleaned out and rolled.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks All!

Rubbing only top of the arches, gonna do some research on shocks. Van only has a couple of boards in at the mo but will have rock n roll bed and units in time...

Cheers, Simon!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Thanks All!

Rubbing only top of the arches, gonna do some research on shocks. Van only has a couple of boards in at the mo but will have rock n roll bed and units in time...

Cheers, Simon!
Are you talking about the top of the wheeltub inside the arch? Or the top of the lip that you can see from the side of the van?

There's no need to do research. Sachs HD as specified by VWT:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Top of the wheel tub, ie underside of wheel arch only a small amount tho, thanks Simon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts