VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
right o fellas, im after some ideas, im buying a thule easybase off a fellow member and looking to put a rear box on it for camping so we can get stuff out the van and out the way... my main storage is also at the back of the van as not to isolate this area in exchange for a rear box the box needs to either slide to one side or spin from one end the new box so i can open ( only the left hand one ) rear door to access the area under my bed...................... also thinking the lights on the base might be better moved to the box like a trailer.... it also needs to be securely fixed for overnight, if it turning or moveing out the way of the rear door wasn't a problem i would just bolt it in place

here is the back of the van, the base, and the box i intend to use, its (W x D x H): 1200 x 580 x 455mm 250ltr
the base is 1260 x 560 so pretty well matched....

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
to much trouble for me mike as i have a two places i park, one on my drive and have a bar over the end and the other in my garage... would be a right pain taking it off and putting it back, plus the misses can get stuff out of this rear box idea without me having to climb up on the van............
i did consider a roof box... i think ive sorted my problem with a spinning plate at one end like a small swivel seat base and a couple of over catches at the other end to keep it fixed when traveling. an extra ratchet strap over the middle wont hurt either when traveling....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts