VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered some -30mm Eibach springs from Banwy VW which arrived prompts. However, the springs arrived in a plain box, and do not have Eibach logo's stamped on them. Can anyone confirm is this is correct, or have I been sent the wrong springs. I've no idea if they're actually Eibach springs, and I'm not sure how to confirm the type of spring if they are Eibach ones (drop and weight rating).

Any help appreciated. I'm booked to have these fitted in the morning, but I'm a little concerned they may not be what was ordered, as I have no way of checking. Just seems odd for them not to have an Eibach logo on them, as pictures I've seen online do. :*

·
Registered
350 Posts
I can't say youra aren't Eibach

But I had Eibach fitted to my van when I got it and they definitely had the logo on there.

·
Registered
350 Posts
If it helps some OEM stuff comes unbranded so that might be the case?

I got a genuine spoiler from Banwy, no markings at all but my body shop confirmed it's a VW one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thanks, maybe that's it then. I've no reason to question Banwy, I would just like to know for sure they go on.

If your theory is correct, then it would suggest Eibach springs bought from VW, or found in Sportline vans, would not have the Eibach logos either. Maybe a quick call to VW in the morning may answer the questions, as Banwy seem to be closed for a few days.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Maybe.

My van came from a VW van centre as new and fitted with logo'd springs, but can't say for sure either way. If you have doubts definitely call up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I think I'll give them VW a call in the morning then and see what they say, unless I can get hold of Banwy.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Could be OEM Sportline springs, which apparently are supplied by Eibach or so Ive read, not sure if they follow VW 3 colour dot codes.

Eibach stuff Ive fitted is usually printed as such. Eibach logo and product number.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you know if 677 an Eibach part number, or VW / Generic number? This is the only number on the springs.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quick update on this - I had a note back from Banwy. They have guaranteed the springs are genuine, and said they are boxed plain for VW, and have always been so. Not sure if that really answers the missing Eibach logo on the springs, but as I say, I've no reason to doubt Banwy, so they're being fitted today. Hopefully they'll be ok, and not shake my fillings loose over bumpy roads I:

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Probably just means theyre oem supply parts.

Ive run my van on Bilstein B12-Pro for the last 9 months and big mileages as a working van with no problems at all for ride quality or clearance and that kit uses Eibach springs.

All depends what youre used to and what you like.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The springs are in, and I've done a few miles on them already. Certainly firmer, and less floaty than the standard setup. The van is empty at the moment while I plan the conversion, so it still sits quite high at the rear. The front is noticeably lower, but not kissing the wheels by any means.

It's a firmer ride, which does make the van a little noisier over bumps, but I hope that'll improve when I start sound deadening and filling the rear with stuff. It doesn't squat so much when going from a standstill which is nice, and I feel a little more confident tackling corners at speed too. I'm on 17" Thunder alloys, but will consider 18" sport line rims at some point perhaps. Overall, I'm pretty happy so far. Maybe it could do with sitting a little lower, but I'll see how it works out once I get some weight on board.

This is my first adventure into T5's (or vans at all for that matter). I'm coming from the magic carpet ride of my 5 series BMW, so this is quite a change for me. I'm looking forwards to tinkering and building the conversion over the coming months and having something a little more fun, and less "dull" than the BMW I just sold to buy it...!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts