VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people,
Can i firstly say Im new to the t4 scene, i only bought my van last week!!!! I have to say loving every minute so far......
The problem i have is i tried to fit a different stereo in my van. I had the stereo ages its been with me for years, i wired it up the same as i always do and it worked fine... I wasnt happy with the way it was sitting so i pulled it out to move the wires, and it just went off and never came back on??? I thought a fuse had blown, but Ive checked all the fuses and there all fine, so is the one in the back of the unit??? the thing is the clock and milage keep resetting themselves every time i turn the ignition off and i cant work out why?? Ive obviously tripped somthing but i dont know what..... Can anyone help me???

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Welcome in!

I think it might be something to do with the wrong wires being connected as in the vans its different to what you are use to wiring!

I do know that lots of similar questions are asked and answered in the electrical section. If you pay up the £10 subscription you will find your answer in no time. just use the search function.

If not some one will come along soon to help!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have man, ive checked them 8 times one by one.... I have been looking at me manual too to see what ones control them, but they all look:confused: ok....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome in!

I think it might be something to do with the wrong wires being connected as in the vans its different to what you are use to wiring!

I do know that lots of similar questions are asked and answered in the electrical section. If you pay up the £10 subscription you will find your answer in no time. just use the search function.

If not some one will come along soon to help!
That what i was thinking..... Where do i pay my subscription on the site?????

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
That what i was thinking..... Where do i pay my subscription on the site?????
Go to 'control panel' then near the bottom on the left hand side click on 'paid subscriptions' it in there

welcome to the forum. dont know the answer to your prob but I had a prob wih my ICE when I ut a new one in, the constant live in a different place so every time I switched off the ignition I lost all my stations. It also caused the unit to cr"p itself and I had to send it back.
Doubt it has any bearing on your situ but its worth knowing for ellimination puroses

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Go to 'control panel' then near the bottom on the left hand side click on 'paid subscriptions' it in there

welcome to the forum. dont know the answer to your prob but I had a prob wih my ICE when I ut a new one in, the constant live in a different place so every time I switched off the ignition I lost all my stations. It also caused the unit to cr"p itself and I had to send it back.
Doubt it has any bearing on your situ but its worth knowing for ellimination puroses
Cheers fella, totally agree man..... The more things i can elliminate the better. Starting to think im guna hav to take it somewhere to be looked at :eek:..... Has anyone got any ideas, do i go vw or ice expert or other :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts