VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone, just put ten quids worth of petrol in my 1.9 tdi window van by mistake!!! I can't believe I did it as I don't even own a petrol vehicle. Hope you are all having a better day than me!!!

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
That's only 7 litres of petrol, brim it with diesel and you should be OKT:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi least you didn't fill to the brim before you realise like yours truly
This was my most expensive refuelling

Welcome to the forum ps found out after I paid to have it fixed some insurance comp cover misfeuling

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As advised I put 80 quids worth of DIESEL in my van on top of the ten quids wort of petrol, emptied out the fuel filter and now she is running sweet as a nut!!! Many thanxA:A:A:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As soon as I got a gap and my tank and my bank balance recovers from the shocking fuel bill I will top it up again. I don't know anything about t5s or cars and vans in general so you saved my bacon and a small fortune. I emailed a company that comes out and cleans your tank and fuel lines out but they wanted £190!!!! need advice on plastering or general building just ask.

·
Registered
855 Posts
As soon as I got a gap and my tank and my bank balance recovers from the shocking fuel bill I will top it up again. I don't know anything about t5s or cars and vans in general so you saved my bacon and a small fortune. I emailed a company that comes out and cleans your tank and fuel lines out but they wanted £190!!!! need advice on plastering or general building just ask.
Yeh expensive mistake or can be,as long as you don't go over 10% petrol that will be fine,in some cold countries people do add a small amout to combat diesel fuel waxing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts