VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been following this weekend's events both at home and work with much interest - and I usually hate soap operas!

I'm gonna give my perspective on this as a compulsive T4Forum user and I'll open my soul :)

Iwanted a van to transport 2 kids and a few dogs around the beaches and countryside of Cornwall where I live. I saw an ex AA van in a local garage and after a test drive.........decided to buy it........................Suddenly, Hendrix entered our lives!A:

I never knew what VW's were, let alone they had a "scene" until I bought the van 3 years ago.

I found the "old" forum in 2006 and loved Balloo's thread, drooled over vans like Swordfish's, Flipper's and Jimbo's............ folk like Spock. Jurrassik, SpannerMonkey and Rake ( and others) inspired me to up the ante with my ex AA.

I was inspired and realised that the "Forum" was more than just about vans - people actually communicate via PM's where they feel confident in giving away phone numbers and addresses.

The Forum allows folk to arrange gatherings and meetings regionally and nationally.

The beauty of this forum is that REAL people meet at events and then chat online ...............it's not just virtual mates that you can just chuck away!

A:A:A:A:for Jimbo and the others who manage the forum ............................................

A:A:A:A: for everyone who's ever inspired, advised, entertained, answered, asked, helped, bought, sold, laughed, offered, invited or just posted.

If I was Jimbo, I'd take a deep breath, look at what a fantastic forum I'd created - think about the motto "For members by members" and cut myself a slice of humble pie.

I'm not involved in last weekends doings - and to be honest, I'm not interested!

(That's a lie cos I'd love to know what's been said - wouldn't we all!) but what I do know is that the forum these last few days is as dull as ditchwater :(

There's been precious few posts that inspire or entertain and a noticable lack of familiar names on board!

People seem to be voting with their feet I:

Anyhow....as I said...If I was Jimbo I'd either name and shame and tell the forum what upset me or .........accept that banter happens - open up a pub section and see the funny side :D

FFS Life is far too short for petty quarrels - A big ego does not = happiness.

I'd be well sad to see the back of this forum but it seems to be at breaking point!

Where will the soap go next?

And no, Morriss, it wasn't Nick Cotton, it was Den Watts H:

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
Here Here James totally agree! have you voted for the bitching section thread i started a little while ago?

See ya soon mate hopefully at a local meet,i drive past the end of your street daily and often see Hendrix poking outT:

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
James has been on the shandys again.........I:

I work with james and see more than hendrix pokeing out;)

good points well made sir......

and youve got it wrong it was.....................

LOFTY............................that did itLOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
ye like i belive that......;) thats the first positive thing iv heard you say..........LOL:LOL:

when you gonna post a pic of your new tatoo........ Roadside Rustoms the new cornish break away faction........ Keeping it Cornish :ILU: Keeping it cream tea:ILU:.........

:* me this wines good stuffLOL:LOL:

bet yer wheezing now..........LOL:LOL:LOL:

B

·
0 Posts
If I were the owner of this forum then ........... id be giving a lot more respect to the /mods admin who run the forum especially after the past few days
Somthing like a public apology perhaps

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
well said hendrix, and I think that's the point here, Jimbo hasn't quoted anything said on the other forum, and he could have done just that, but he didnt'. to me that shows integrity.

I know a lot fo you will disagree with that, and youre the same people shouting about freedom of speech and the right to your own opinion. Well thats MY opinion so hold your gun fire.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Freedom of speech stops when you join a forum. You sign up to rules and its Jimbo who has to call the shots.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I think I probably am banana as we have comitted ourselves to the same task, helping this forum be the best it can be. Jim gives more time than anyone to the forum and deserves our support. That includeds members registered or not, the mods and admin.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Freedom of speech stops when you join a forum. You sign up to rules and its Jimbo who has to call the shots.
Thats true of any social group who has rules..........even anarchy because we have managed to define and box that too. In Jimbos defence he follows the rules set up at the start of the forum and the mods and members had a say in that sometimes directly, sometimes indirectly. But the rules grow like the forum and we try to apply then evenly and fairly to everyone. :ILU:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I Love the forum, but I am new on here, so really dont know anybody :(
Any forum needs rules, otherwise it goes bad very quickly, you always need people to enforce the rules, there will be always be people who agree and disagree thats human nature. When you face a situation you sometimes have to make a quick decision right or wrong. Things get out of hand and twisted, things get said, I hope this is not the start of the end of this forum as i have only just got a T4 after being into bays and splits.
Keep up the good work please, and i beleive if anybody has got something to say about another person or persons say it there face.
All the best

Have fun

·
Pedal box guru
2,616 Posts

Hi,

Now I could be wrong here,(It has happened before!;))

Exactly which rule was broken?

As I understand it, and I too am unable to access the "other " forum.

Is that JIMBO was told by two peopleLOL: (who were on both forums) that this forum/ was being slagged off on another PRIVATE FORUM (READ INVITED MEMBERS ONLY)

I have heard that it is likely that some members on the other forum have kept the same user name and password for both forums and would it not be possible if you had the desire and had access to both of these items of info, to then use them to gain access to that forum! (hypothetical question you understand)

Where in the rules on here is what you say somewhere else forbidden????????????????????

Bring back hanging !

Regards Trev.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
I have heard that it is likely that some members on the other forum have kept the same user name and password for both forums and would it not be possible if you had the desire and had access to both of these items of info, to then use them to gain access to that forum! (hypothetical question you understand)

Regards Trev.
Not 100% sure Trev - but I don't think the admins have actual access to passwords. Sure - they can view what people have written and make changes, etc - but I think that's where it stops (this is a publicly and widely used piece of forum software - imagine the outcry if it was THAT unsafe?? It simply wouldn't get used......)

As for what was said, by whom and when - who knows........

I'll say no more, lest I get singled out for more abuse........... I:

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
I wouldnt be too sure about that kieth, as far as I know Admins can see passwords, but moderators cant.
Wow - now that actually amazes me - as I thought such info was encrypted by the software, hence why you have to email for a new password or password reminder??

Given that MANY people use the same passwords on forums as they do in 'more sensitive' scenarios, having such info available in an unencrypted form in the database of places like this would be a HUGE security issue....

I've run forums in the past and been heavily involved in others and I've never known of any forum sof****re that allowed you direct access to such info, as I was always under the impression it was held 'off-site'...........:confused:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts