VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just fitting a alpine head unit with parrot and I need a ignition live the blue and black cable on the vw fitting is permanent live,
Where do the rest of you connect to, dont want to go cutting wires and give myself problems with as I don't know much about the canbus thing :*
Any help would be most appreciated ....

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not looking forward to removing the fuse board........ I can do a cut roof on a house with my eyes shut fit coilovers in hours but electrics are like witchcraft to me LOL:

·
Registered
6 Posts
There is a switched live in the thick cable bundle behind the glove box (its black and something ... I think blue, but don't quote me on that). It's much easier to get to than removing the fuse box. I'm sure if you search the forum you'll find it.

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well just had it apart theres screws everywhere and you need fingers thee size of matchsticks to separate the cables behind the fuse board
I had one of those if i cut this will i ever be able to get in there and connect it back up moments, i was almost tempted to use a scotchblock connecter but I did it correctly with solder and heat shrink, All works fine thanks for the link T:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts