VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having fitted a new ignition switch I have now discovered that both it and the original switch will only operate the starter if removed fron ignition lock and turned with a screwdriver. Are both the old and new switches faulty or is it the key barrel or it's holder. Tip for changing ignition switch. There is room to turn, using 2 fingers, a cross head drive bit from an electric screwdriver to remove or screw in the small holding screw.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Why no replies to my query. Has nobody experienced the same problem? Assuming it is the switch, am I right in thinking the hole you need to drill to remove the barrel is located such that you have to remove the housing fron the steering column?

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
i never answered it because i dont know the answer :*, your initial post is not very clear/descriptive.

i have only ever heard of the plastic part on the rear of the ignition packing in. Is this the part you replaced ?, if so did you line up the slot on the plastic part, with the slot on the rear of the barrel (The part that turns it)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts